Founder & CEO at Smart Talent Consulting Services Private Limited
Views:1139 Applications:216 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Deputy/Assistant Manager/Manager - Procurement (8-12 yrs)
The Client : Leading Auto component manufacturer with multi location and multi national operations.
The Role : Responsible for buying the best quality components at the most competitive prices to enable the company or organisation to operate. Through effective negotiation, networking and dealing with numbers, purchasing managers contribute to save money and increase profits while maintaining and increasing customer satisfaction.
Description of the role (including but not limited to) :
- Forecast levels of demand
- Contribute effectively to corporate purchasing strategy
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of product provided.
- Maintain and update contract files and use them as reference for the future
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives
- Develop strategies to make sure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met or exceeded
- Produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
- Undertake reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Keep a constant check on stock levels. Manage stores for RM and FG.
- Process payments and invoices
- Train and supervise the work of other members of staff.
The person for the role :
- UG/PG in Engineering preferably Electronics/Instrumentation with about 8 to 12 years of experience in procurement for a factory in the auto components space.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong analytical ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- Numeracy skills in order to analyse facts and figures
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- Flair for negotiation and networking
- Tact and diplomacy
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines resilience.
Interested ? Kindly apply, We will come back to you within 2 weeks based on the relevance of your profile.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.