Deputy General Manager - Application Engineering & System Design - Hydraulic (12-16 yrs)
Reporting to : GM- Engineering
Purpose For the Job :
- Application engineering and System Design of Grease Lubrication systems catering to various segments such as Earthmoving, Mining, Construction and other segments. Responsible for pre & post order engineering functions.
Key Responsibilities :
- Study and understand customer requirements and provide suitable technical solutions for various lubrication applications
- Customer site survey to obtain technical details
- Prepare timely Techno-commercial offers and interact with customers as needed
- Participate for technical discussion and negotiations at customer place
- Technical contract reviews for all the orders received
- Preparation of drawings - P&ID, General Assembly Drawing, Piping layout, Bill of material, Component Data sheets, SAP activities, release of drawings internally and externally for all projects as per the activity chart.
- Obtain drawing approvals from customers / consultants
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing team in the assembly process.
- Provide technical support to Quality in the testing and customer inspections.
- Provide technical support to Marketing, Sales and Service teams.
- Operation and manual preparation for the systems and submission to customer as per the requirements.
- Handle design activities in line with ISO 9001 design control procedures and documentation as per QMS standard
- Manage a team of application and design engineers by setting goals, performance review, mentoring & coaching.
Profile of the job Holder :
- 12 - 15 years- experience in Application Engineering, Design of systems and customized Product development.
Skill Requirements :
- Experience in handling project engineering functions in the similar kind of industry.
- Strong design aptitude and skills: eye for detail
- Exposure to process piping
- Knowledge of hydraulic / lubrication systems.
- Computer savvy : Knowledge of SAP added advantage
- Ability to work independently
- Working experience in Auto Cad, 3D modelling (preferably SolidWorks) - part modelling, assembling, pipe routing and preparation of structural analysis reports for tanks / structures