Director at Achievers Human Resources
Views:1206 Applications:198 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Deputy General Manager/Chief Manager/Team Lead - Utilities (10-20 yrs)
One of India's leading Group Company SRF Ltd (TTB Division-Technical Textiles) requires Team Lead Utilities(DGM/CM) for its plant located at Chennai.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- To plan, lead and control Utilities for achieving required process condition by ensuring safe and economic operations.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities :
Uninterrupted utilities services :
- Implement robust DM system in utilities
- Preparing and releasing annual maintenance schedule for all utilities
- Follow up with the team for timely completion
- Review the annual schedule on bi-monthly basis
- 100% adherence to maintenance schedule
- Plant stoppage due to utility interruption
- Cost control
- Ensuring proper fuel mix to achieve best steam rate
- Exploring and implementing ways to improve specific steam consumption
- Eliminating the bottle necks which affects evaporation ratio of boiler
- Boiler efficiency improvement and cost control by adopting innovative methods
- Steam cost Rs./MT
Debottlenecking and efficiency improvement :
- Chemical cost reduction in DM plant by improving the throughput
- Improving the recycle/reuse of waste water
- Water cost Rs. /KL
- Identifying the scope for improvement
- Planning the schedule internal and external audits
- Adherence to the schedule
- Action plan for recommendation of audit comments
- Review of implementation with the team members
- No of open audit points
Implementation of TQM way of management :
- Ensuring improvements through Kaizens by the team
- Involving the team in QC Circles
- Ensuring people participation in company No of Improvements done on the shop floor initiatives
- Participation level
- Number of Kaizens implemented
- Number of QC teams formed and presented in outside forum
Ensuring capability development of the team :
- Training & skill development
- Preparation of training & trouble shooting manuals
- Conducting technical training for the employees
- Implementation of the development plan for the team members.
- Review & update on skill matrix
- Number of subordinates moved from current quarter to higher level
Implementation of BM/DM themes :
- Identifying area of improvements
- Taking of PSP projects for improvements
- Reduction of wastages and non-conformities
- Daily review of DM themes
- Updatation of DM charts daily
- Review and Updatation of BM charts
- On time completions of BM/DM themes.
Monitoring and optimizing efficiency of machines :
- Reduction of MTBF
- To ensure maximum machine available time for production
- Machine efficiency
Ensuring Statutory compliance :
- Establishing systems for compliance in consonance with all statutory bodies
- Ensure nil non-conformity in during inspection by government agencies
- Submission of various returns / forms/ documents to the statutory bodies on times
- Boiler license renewal
- Pressure vessel testing
- Explosive license renewal
- Weights and measures renewal
- Zero Internal and External audit observations
- On time renewal of all licenses
Annual planning cycle :
- Preparation of department assumptions for preparing Budget.
- Consolidation of inputs.
- Preparing variance analysis on various budget vs actual for specific periods.
- Adherence to time frame of Annual planning cycle
Ensuring safe operations of the utility facility :
- Identifying unsafe acts, conditions & eliminating
- Creating awareness on safe working condition.
- Ensuring employees adhere to the safety policy of the unit.
- Counseling & recommending disciplinary action against the employees for non-adherence of PPE- s
- Number of safety incidents in a year
- No of AM certified utility machinery.
- 5s score in Utility areas.
Automation and technical up gradation :
- Identifying the latest technologies for cost reduction and efficiency improvement
- Raising of CAPEX with good ROI potential
- Automation of existing system to improve productivity
- Utility indirect power cost
- R&M of utility
Educational Qualification :
- BE Mechanical
Nature of experience :
- Operation and Maintenance of utility equipments.
Duration of experience : 10-15 years
(Experience required : commissioning (preferable) + maintenance of either all or at least two out of chillers, compressors, boilers, ETP, Nitrogen Plant, HVAC.)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.