Director at Achievers Human resources
Views:280 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Deputy General Manager/Chief Manager/Team Lead - Utilities (10-20 yrs)
One of India's leading Group Company SRF Ltd (TTB Division-Technical Textiles) requires Team Lead Utilities(DGM/CM) for its plant located at Chennai.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- To plan, lead and control Utilities for achieving required process condition by ensuring safe and economic operations.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities :
Uninterrupted utilities services :
- Implement robust DM system in utilities
- Preparing and releasing annual maintenance schedule for all utilities
- Follow up with the team for timely completion
- Review the annual schedule on bi-monthly basis
- 100% adherence to maintenance schedule
- Plant stoppage due to utility interruption
- Cost control
- Ensuring proper fuel mix to achieve best steam rate
- Exploring and implementing ways to improve specific steam consumption
- Eliminating the bottle necks which affects evaporation ratio of boiler
- Boiler efficiency improvement and cost control by adopting innovative methods
- Steam cost Rs./MT
Debottlenecking and efficiency improvement :
- Chemical cost reduction in DM plant by improving the throughput
- Improving the recycle/reuse of waste water
- Water cost Rs. /KL
- Identifying the scope for improvement
- Planning the schedule internal and external audits
- Adherence to the schedule
- Action plan for recommendation of audit comments
- Review of implementation with the team members
- No of open audit points
Implementation of TQM way of management :
- Ensuring improvements through Kaizens by the team
- Involving the team in QC Circles
- Ensuring people participation in company No of Improvements done on the shop floor initiatives
- Participation level
- Number of Kaizens implemented
- Number of QC teams formed and presented in outside forum
Ensuring capability development of the team :
- Training & skill development
- Preparation of training & trouble shooting manuals
- Conducting technical training for the employees
- Implementation of the development plan for the team members.
- Review & update on skill matrix
- Number of subordinates moved from current quarter to higher level
Implementation of BM/DM themes :
- Identifying area of improvements
- Taking of PSP projects for improvements
- Reduction of wastages and non-conformities
- Daily review of DM themes
- Updatation of DM charts daily
- Review and Updatation of BM charts
- On time completions of BM/DM themes.
Monitoring and optimizing efficiency of machines :
- Reduction of MTBF
- To ensure maximum machine available time for production
- Machine efficiency
Ensuring Statutory compliance :
- Establishing systems for compliance in consonance with all statutory bodies
- Ensure nil non-conformity in during inspection by government agencies
- Submission of various returns / forms/ documents to the statutory bodies on times
- Boiler license renewal
- Pressure vessel testing
- Explosive license renewal
- Weights and measures renewal
- Zero Internal and External audit observations
- On time renewal of all licenses
Annual planning cycle :
- Preparation of department assumptions for preparing Budget.
- Consolidation of inputs.
- Preparing variance analysis on various budget vs actual for specific periods.
- Adherence to time frame of Annual planning cycle
Ensuring safe operations of the utility facility :
- Identifying unsafe acts, conditions & eliminating
- Creating awareness on safe working condition.
- Ensuring employees adhere to the safety policy of the unit.
- Counseling & recommending disciplinary action against the employees for non-adherence of PPE- s
- Number of safety incidents in a year
- No of AM certified utility machinery.
- 5s score in Utility areas.
Automation and technical up gradation :
- Identifying the latest technologies for cost reduction and efficiency improvement
- Raising of CAPEX with good ROI potential
- Automation of existing system to improve productivity
- Utility indirect power cost
- R&M of utility
Educational Qualification :
- BE Mechanical
Nature of experience :
- Operation and Maintenance of utility equipments.
Duration of experience : 10-15 years
(Experience required : commissioning (preferable) + maintenance of either all or at least two out of chillers, compressors, boilers, ETP, Nitrogen Plant, HVAC.)