Senior Consultant at Quick Silver HR
Views:471 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Deputy General Manager - Engineering - Chemical (15-24 yrs)
Opportunity with a largest chemical & producer company based in Mumbai.
Position Title : Deputy General Manager Engineering
Location : Navi Mumbai
- As Engineering Manager monitor and control all engineering activities through Study, Pre-FEED, FEED & Detailed Engineering/ Procurement phases, Construction phase and commissioning of Capital Projects within Asia Pacific.
- Engineering Manager of 60-100 MEuro project / Lead Technical Quality Assurance for process design / process system engineering function for multi-project portfolio of up to 150 MEuro within Asia Pacific.
- Subordinate positions- ~ 10 Internal project team reportees, overall project team reportees ~ 100-150 including Engineering Partner resources.
- Efficient management of cross-border interfaces for Large Capital Projects / process design in process system engineering networks/ GEMS Workgroups for development of tools & practices.
- Trainer for Technical training and/or mentor for internal personnel.
- As Engineering Manager, responsible for development of project objectives/ project value drivers in cooperation with the Business unit, tracking of project objectives during study, pre-FEED & FEED stages until Project appropriation, support the project manager in tracking project objectives during project execution.
- As Engineering Manager of Large Capital Project through Study, pre-FEED, FEED & Detailed Engineering phases, responsible for
a) Preparing and maintaining the project organization, manning plan and staffing plan.
b) Coordinating engineering work between all involved disciplines and all engineering partners, sub- contractors or local design institutes.
c) Coordination of cost and schedule input basis through planning stage until appropriation.
d) Responsible to monitor and control functional costs, design change management, Engineering Partner & direct costs through until project is RFSU.
e) Supporting Project Manager through execution phase activities - construction, commissioning and start-up.
f) Verifying that engineering services and purchased technical goods meet technical specifications/ acceptance criteria.
g) Initiating and ensuring proper team building of the engineering team.
h) Responsible for overall engineering delivery plan -- risk identification, monitor risk management plan, align risk mitigation among stakeholders.
i) Monitor, control, communicate functional interface input requirements - Value Based Engineering, LLCP, Engg Quality.
- Aligning, managing & maintaining functional competency within Engineeering Management group, participating in cross-regional networks/ GEMS WGs for development of tools, workprocesses, best practices.
- Developing and maintaining training materials for functional / workprocess training.
- Mentoring and coaching the lesser experienced staff along with providing technical training to them.
- Monitoring Engineering Partner (EP) performance, managing EP's KPI targets, providing regular performance feedback to KAM/ Steering committee.
Education: Full Time Graduation in Engineering
Work Experience: 15 - 20 years
Technical & Professional Knowledge :
- Experienced Engineering Manager for Refining / Chemical / Petrochemical/ Oil & Gas Projects through development and execution phases, experience of having undergone at least three complete project cycles; Owner's team experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multi-engineering discipline staffed virtual teams on cross border projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-national Engineering Contractor resources.
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk, make calibrated decisions to mitigate and address technical issues.
- Working knowledge/ experience in chemical process design preferred.
- Strong knowledge of engineering codes and standards, good engineering practices
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.