Deputy General Manager - Production - Manufacturing Firm (10-16 yrs)
Deputy General Manager - Production
Job Title / Description : DGM - Production Planning & Control (PPC)
Education Qualification : Bachelor / Diploma (Mechanical)
Experience : 10 to 15 years
Salary : Negotiable
Job Location : Ranchi (Tatisilwai)
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Deputize the general manager in managing the organization ensuring high-quality business activities with maximum quality, service, and profitability for the organization
- Oversee fabrication processes and supervise employees
- Assign duties, order materials and consumables, minimize waste, provide leadership, inspect carried work and ensure a safe workplace
- Involvement in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage
- Plan and draw up a production schedule on daily basis, as per demand from marketing and MSL requirements
- Plan production control activities to improve runtime while maintaining high quality, timely delivery.
- Work with the department in material planning and analysis to reduce inventory levels.
- Plan, schedule and monitor material movement in the production cycle to ensure continuous operations.
- Track material shortages and provide immediate resolution.
- Monitor inventory status and generate inventory reports to Plant Head
- Assist Sales unit in coordinating and planning customer orders and deliveries.
- Identify delivery exceptions and provide alternative solutions.
- Generate reports on production shortages and sales impact to Plant Head for analysis.
- Develop process improvements for inventory, manufacturing and production control systems.
- Evaluate production control activities to ensure that the final product meets customer specifications.