Deputy General Manager - Quality - Aluminum Extrusion Manufacturing (15-18 yrs)
Qual. & Exp. :
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a aluminum extrusion manufacturing including previous experience managing personnel in a production department with minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Develops, trains and motivates team members to achieve desired safety, efficiency, proficiency, cooperation morale; maintains awareness of Quality and/or implement Quality policies and procedures and ensures employee adherence/ may recommend and implement Quality Assurance procedures.
- Carrying root cause analysis for the rejections/customer complaints and implements procedures to minimize defects due to these occurrences.
- Reviews Quality schedules of ageing oven, coordinate with production/testing activities, and manages team member assignments; may manage for multiple departments and/or shifts.
- Assists with tasks such as monitoring and determining quality assurance, quality control and calibration methods, tooling applications and ensures the effective use of quality tests, testing machines, equipment and facilities.
- Uses data to estimate work-hour requirements and departmental efficiencies for continuous improvement Quality.
- Ensuring conformity of quality management system in their area of responsibility.
- Recommends and Freezing process specifications in coordination with Head Production.
- Perform full range of managerial responsibilities which may include but not be limited to interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees/ planning, assigning and directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide test certificates as desired by the customers or as per industry norms
- Conduct Chemical composition inspection of incoming raw material and maintain proper documentation.
- Conduct trainings on quality and cultivating TQM culture in the work force.
- Should be able to delegate department workload effectively and monitor its progress towards completion.
- Maintaining the discipline and monitoring of the department allotted area as per 5S Methodology.
- Should be able to motivate and manage the team.
- Monitoring and controlling of all the safety gears.
Requisite Skills :
- Exquisite Knowledge of aluminium extruded profiles, Alloy specifications, product knowledge and quality standards.
- Demonstrate ability to work with multiple internal departments to ensure on-time delivery with quality control.
- May require in-depth ability to read, interpret and explain blueprints, engineering drawings, job orders and specifications based on location.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Profound knowledge on ISO process to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of personnel and production problems.
Desired Skills :
- Graduate / Technical qualification must required
- Good communicational skills.
- Profound knowledge on ISO process.
- Well experience on problem solving and Root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast-paced production environment, often under time constraints.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with office productivity software and business control software such as ERP.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.