Deputy General Manager - Quality - Aluminum Extrusion Manufacturing (15-18 yrs)
Qual. & Exp. :
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a aluminum extrusion manufacturing including previous experience managing personnel in a production department with minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Develops, trains and motivates team members to achieve desired safety, efficiency, proficiency, cooperation morale; maintains awareness of Quality and/or implement Quality policies and procedures and ensures employee adherence/ may recommend and implement Quality Assurance procedures.
- Carrying root cause analysis for the rejections/customer complaints and implements procedures to minimize defects due to these occurrences.
- Reviews Quality schedules of ageing oven, coordinate with production/testing activities, and manages team member assignments; may manage for multiple departments and/or shifts.
- Assists with tasks such as monitoring and determining quality assurance, quality control and calibration methods, tooling applications and ensures the effective use of quality tests, testing machines, equipment and facilities.
- Uses data to estimate work-hour requirements and departmental efficiencies for continuous improvement Quality.
- Ensuring conformity of quality management system in their area of responsibility.
- Recommends and Freezing process specifications in coordination with Head Production.
- Perform full range of managerial responsibilities which may include but not be limited to interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees/ planning, assigning and directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide test certificates as desired by the customers or as per industry norms
- Conduct Chemical composition inspection of incoming raw material and maintain proper documentation.
- Conduct trainings on quality and cultivating TQM culture in the work force.
- Should be able to delegate department workload effectively and monitor its progress towards completion.
- Maintaining the discipline and monitoring of the department allotted area as per 5S Methodology.
- Should be able to motivate and manage the team.
- Monitoring and controlling of all the safety gears.
Requisite Skills :
- Exquisite Knowledge of aluminium extruded profiles, Alloy specifications, product knowledge and quality standards.
- Demonstrate ability to work with multiple internal departments to ensure on-time delivery with quality control.
- May require in-depth ability to read, interpret and explain blueprints, engineering drawings, job orders and specifications based on location.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Profound knowledge on ISO process to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of personnel and production problems.
Desired Skills :
- Graduate / Technical qualification must required
- Good communicational skills.
- Profound knowledge on ISO process.
- Well experience on problem solving and Root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast-paced production environment, often under time constraints.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with office productivity software and business control software such as ERP.