Team - CorenthumElan at Corenthum Elan Consulting LLP
Views:300 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Deputy Head - Rebuild Center (15-20 yrs)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS :
- Mechanical Engineering by qualification, Detail Oriented, Big Picture Thinking, Strong Written Communication, Strong Verbal Communication, Organisation Skills, Prioritizing, Problem Solving, Trouble Shooting, Multitasking, Industry Experience, Decisiveness, Persuasion, Flexibility, Open Schedule, Leadership Skills, Listening Skills.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum work experience of 15+ years of which at least 05 years in Head position in the OEMs/ HEMM Manufacturing and Rebuild companies in India and overseas.
- Working experience in HEMM like P & H 2100 Rope Shovel, Liebherr R996/994, Letourneau L2350/L1850, Komatsu 830E, Belaz 240 MT Dump Trucks, Hitachi EH4500.
- Experience in Shop Floor Management including Product Data Management (BOM), MRP, PPC, Quality, Inventory and Capacity Planning.
- Experience in dealing with Companies like Atlas Copco, Belaz, Caterpillar, Bucyrus, Boart Longyear, LeTourneau, Ingersoll Rand, Komatsu, Hitachi, Liebherr, JoyGlobal, P & H, etc., will be an advantage for the role.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Deputy Head - Rebuild Center assists Head in the overall operations of the Rebuild Centre Workshop, including HEMM equipment/component rebuild, reverse engineering, failure analysis, Rebuild and Materials planning, logistics, erection & commissioning. He shall continuously monitor the adherence of procedures and systems by the people inside the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Objectivity of this role :
- Supervises all the Rebuild Workshop functions under the guidance of the Head. Such functions include Equipment Disassembly/ Assembly, Engine/Engine Test Bench, Hydraulics, Transmission, Electrical, Painting, Machine Shop, and Loading-Unloading/Logistics.
- Carries out Failure & Root Cause analysis for PowerTrain and Hydraulic Components.
- Implements parts reusability assessment guidelines and continuously updates the guidelines.
- Actively manages the implementation on best storage and handling practices including 5S
- Implements TPM including Tool Crib Management System and Procedures.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities :
- Follows up for timely delivery of the rebuilt equipment and overhauled components at workshop/project sites.
- Manages Contamination Control process as per standards and coordinates periodical audits to ensure Contamination-free assemblies.
- Ensures Occupational Safety at all processes and locations in coordination with the Safety Department.
- Listens to employee opinions and facilitates them to gain technical expertise
- Ensures quality of workmanship of rebuilt Equipment/Components through adherence of SOPs and Systems.
- Prepares reports and presentations to Stakeholders/Management.
- Prepares Material Requirements Planning (MRP) for the workshop as per Project Plans and reviews with the procurement and finance.
- Assists in preparing monthly budgets for the workshop based on the Project Plan and for reports planned vs. actual every month.
- Monitors the accountability for all the Materials in the WIP against proper Work Order and reports WIP Value periodically.
- Understands the requirements of internal customers and ensures Equipment Reliability and Equipment Availability for uninterrupted production at Project Sites through cost effective service/rebuild.
- Coordinates with Training Departments on the TNA and ensures the delivery of programs as envisaged.
- Ensure compliance of all statutory requirements (including labour, commercial, insurance) to smooth functioning of the Rebuild Center.