Team - CorenthumElan at Corenthum Elan Consulting LLP
Views:465 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Deputy Manager - Industrial Engineering (5-11 yrs)
- Degree in Industrial Engineering from a college of repute
- Five or more years of related industrial engineering experience and experience leading a team, completing multi-variable work measurements and developing labor standards, process improvement, and network optimization projects within a distribution environment.
Job Description (Indicative only) :
The primary purpose of the Industrial Engineering (IE) role is to lead all engineering activities and establish a culture of process improvement. The IE resource will work with the Operations teams to improve efficiency, maintain labor standards, and reduce costs.
- Analyze and provide solutions for cost reduction through process improvements and cost/benefit analysis.
- Design and recommend department layouts and product flows .
- Identify operational bottlenecks and develop, analyze and present cost efficient solutions.
- Serves as technical expert on specialized projects or programs; acts as advisor to management and/or customers.
- Provides guidance to distribution and logistics related to effective and efficient use of assets and processes.
- Identify capacity impacts associated with varying parameters within the supply chain.
- Develop preferred methods/Standard Operating Procedures for the warehouse in conjunction with Operational support.
- Establish and maintain standards using Time & Motion studies across all operational processes. Utilizes labor data to cost justify capital expenditure and process change ROI. Uses labor and material cost data to compare and recommend process change and communicate accurate process costs to senior management.
- Conduct ergonomic evaluations, recommending and implementing improvements to work area designs.
- Has the ability to take ideas from concept to implementation and can influence decision making with all stake-holders. Possesses superior multi-tasking ability to meet concurrent project deadlines.
- Ability to drive process improvements and work within a team to resolve problems.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple and concurrent priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude and approach (and the ability to interact with individuals at various levels of the organization, up and down).
- Proven project management / leadership skills.