Deputy Manager/Manager/Lead - Tool Development (7-20 yrs)
Major Areas of Responsibilities :
- Design review with design engineers for establishing design for manufacturability
- Monitor progress of plastic-moulds, sheet metal dies, die cast tools, jigs and fixtures development at tool rooms and advise for expedition basis progress
- Prepare documents required for product cost estimates of tooled up samples providing details of machine, cycle time and losses of RM etc
- Participate in review mould designs and advise for inputs to make the tools cost effective, safe and reliable
- Attend mould trials, review working of mould designs, assess components for manufacturing defect and defects due to tool operations
- Inspect the tools for their adequacy for trials at various progressive stages
- Maintain record of inspection and observations during development
- Conduct pre-dispatch inspection of the tools
- Liaison with end manufacturing vendors and align their manufacturing requirements with deliverables of tooling
- Participate in trials, pilot lot and initial production lot at factories for seamless hand over of the moulds and dies
- Provide timely feedback to issues requested during production during the lifecycle of the tools.
- We are looking for a highly skilled mould and dies development engineer who will ensure on time development of tools and dies.
- The incumbent shall ensure that the components and molds/dies meet highest standards of quality with respect to specifications and ensure trouble free handover to the manufacturing.
- Incumbent shall be responsible to ensure that the concerns of stakeholders are managed in time till commercial production is streamlined.
- He/She should be a team player demonstrating highest standards of ethics.
Essential Qualification :
- 10+2 & Diploma, PGD in Mold and Die Designs from CIPET + B.Tech with >65% marks in 10th, 12th& Diploma.
Desired Qualification :
- Experience : Minimum 7 years
- Industry Preference : Consumer durable, Consumer electronics, Automotive,