Recruiter at Global Talent Company India Pvt ltd
Views:115 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Design Engineer - Auto/Aero (3-5 yrs)
- Develop 3D models and 2D drawings for manufacturing
- Develop and fabricate functional prototypes and test methods to vet out new concepts.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop parts.
- Complete design cycles from concepts to fully validated production designs.
- Design structural components, brackets, enclosures, other mounting features
- Support other team members with vehicle and systems integration.
- Perform calculations for fluid flow, heat rejection, and assist with FEA/CFD simulations and other technical elements of vehicle and powertrain design.
Basic Qualifications :
- Demonstrated successful experience in mechanical engineering from concept through production release with a focus on DFM.
- A detail-oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills.
- Proficient in CAD modeling; Siemens NX, Catia 3DX or Solidworks is preferred.
- Experience with various manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, metal stamping, thermoforming, welding/brazing, plating, heat treating, bonding, and direct machine shop skills a plus.
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience in an automotive, aerospace, or industrial environment.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering. MS beneficial but not required.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Working knowledge of engineering principles (thermal, stress, materials) and competent analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience designing high voltage / high-power electromechanical components assemblies
- Experience with various high volume manufacturing processes (machining, casting, extrusions, injection molding, stamping).
- Understanding of coating, plating, bonding, and welding processes.
- Experience working with manufacturing engineers and the design-for-manufacturing iteration loop
- Experience with tolerance stack-up analysis involving multiple components of various materials
- Experience applying GD&T to component designs and assemblies per ASME Y14.5-2009
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate attention to quality, timing, awareness of budget constraints, and other program management considerations
- Hands-on build experience
- Enjoy working in a startup type of engineering environment