Director at Dhruv Corporate HR Solutions Pvt. Ltd
Views:5 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Design Engineer - Electronics (3-5 yrs)
Brief about our client:
This mandate is for one of our esteemed clients, who had founded this company more than 1.5 decades ago. It is a listed company. They are engaged in manufacturing and distribution of Premium LED Lighting. With a passion to set high standards of the products, the management has always taken measures to scale up as and when required only to deliver the best. Year on year, they have got many awards. The company provides lighting solutions to many retail brands and their showrooms. As of now, it is a growing company having couple of good projects in hand. They have got manufacturing units in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
This positions exists with the objective of -
- Execute design and development of next generation Electronic Hardware including LED Control Gear
- Manage Continuous engineering activity for existing products
- Implement improvements in design and performance of existing products
- Maintain design documentation as per ISO 9001 QMS requirements
Design & Development:
D1. Preparing hardware designs, component identification, schematic and layout design, testing, quality management as per functional requirements.
D2. Develop products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
D3. Topology selection, schematic understanding and finalization
D4. Component selection and finalization
D5. Preparing BOM for prototype and final product
D6. Verification and Validation Testing, troubleshooting and report generation.
D7. Evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues
D8. Establish and document part/product specifications and test procedures
D9. Establish manufacturing/assembly processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components
D10. Provide technical expertise for manufacturability, product cost, workflow, quality & safety
D11. Work with other departments to execute design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy
D12. Review, approve and / or modify product designs
D13. Study, evaluate, and recommend process re-design
D14. Assist in day to day process development to ensure product quality, timely product shipments, continuing cost effectiveness and profitability
D15. Qualify and approve new products from new or existing vendors
D16. Analysis & Rectification of errors related to product and its development like designing, quality, etc
P1. Provide technical guidance in developing new PCB designs and updating existing designs.
P2. Develop PCB layouts, perform component placements and determine wire routings.
P3. Verify existing designs and recommend improvements.
P4. Recommend new design concepts and validate the concept feasibility using circuit simulations.
P5. Prepare design documentations, requirements specifications and PCB models.
P6. Prepare test specifications and test procedures and develop test fixtures.
P7. Perform PCB design testing and analyze test results.
Quality, Continuous Improvement & Documentation:
Q1. Ensure product testing, certification and compliance
Q2. Qualify and approve parts and products from new or existing vendors
Q3. Drive continuous improvement of processes, quality and cost through maintaining profitability and competitiveness
Q4. Assist in timely investigation of customer complaints and completing product & quality system audits
Q5. Maintain and update complete documentation of products and sourced parts as per requirements of ISO 9001 QMS and as per any such certifications.
Q6. Ensure labelling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications
Q7. Ensure maintenance and updating complete product documentation for all products and sourced parts
Q8. Assuring the proper Maintenance of daily related records and documents as per company policy.
Q9. Manage and Maintain and ensure regular maintenance of all related details in respective software.
Management and Administrative:
M1. Update related legal knowledge.
M2. Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and
procedures; complying with legal regulations.
M3. Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
M4. Train and mentor other engineers and supporting staff wherever required.
M5. Assist in solving grievances and problems of internal and external customers in related matters.
Job specification :
Qualification BE /B Tech (Electronics)
Experience 3 - 5 years relevant experience in Power Electronics Design & Development Experience in LED or Consumer Durable industry
ECAD Experience - OrCAD, Eagle (AutoDesk), Altium
Preferred: 2 years IoT integration with at least one popular platform such as Zigbee or Bluetooth / Integrating with DALi systems/ Control Gear/
Power Electronics will be an added advantage
Gender Male/ Female
Location Ahmedabad Factory
Job Type Full Time
Industry LED Lighting, Consumer Durable, Electronics, Automotive
Skills & Competencies :
1. Ability to work on own initiative
2. Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems and meet deadlines
3. Good organisational skills and ability to motivate a team
4. Excellent attention to detail and committed to providing exceptional service
5. Should possess excellent communication skills, convincing skills, interpersonal and listening skills, analytical skills.
6. Should be Innovative and Creative in thinking and problem solving.
1. Should possess hands on experience with Control Gear Design, Development and Integration
2. Hands-on experience with a variety of power converter applications and topologies
3. Knowledge of selection, design, and test the whole product development cycle for power electronics systems.
4. Expertise in ECAD such as OrCAD, Eagle (AutoDesk), Altium etc.
5. Should be trained in areas like PCB simulations, prototyping and testing
6. Hands on experience on Lab instruments - multi-meter, power analyser, oscilloscope, LED driver tester, Surge tester, LCR meter, HV Tester, Leakage Current tester.
7. Knowledge of Embedded Software Programming will be an added advantage