Head Consultant at Professional Access Resources Consulting Pvt Ltd.
Views:549 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Design Engineer - Elevator & Escalators (3-6 yrs)
Position Title : Design Engineer - Mechanical, System Engineering
Location : Bangalore
Reporting to : Senior Manager Mechanical Segment
Supervision headcount : 10
Position Specification :
Mechanical system design & qualification for mechanical components and subsystem for system integration for new elevator designs and technology development. Provide elevator system design and Integration for new product development and technology transfer.
Basic Accountabilities :
1. Act as a lead system engineer to provide development of new elevator products / mechanical sub-systems during product development.
2. Responsible for the new developing product concept design and implementation. Lead to prepare System Requirements, Duty Table, sheave shaft loads, top-level BOM and other system-level technical dossiers, such as ATOR, specification table, SEB, code compliance document and technical RAMP, etc.,
3. Selection and sizing of key components for the mechanical sub-system designs.
4. Perform elevator system calculations, the component calculation for hoistway dynamics and analysis for car/ cwt weight and layout arrangement.
5. Integration of elevator mechanical system design, understanding the basic requirement of control fundamentals.
6. Defining and managing mechanical interfaces.
7. Perform to elevator system performance test and component/subsystem qualification for prototype elevator. Provide support to elevator type test and code compliance test.
8. Responsible for the new developing product system ride quality measurement and components qualification.
9. Carry out Ride Performance testing and data gathering and analysis.
10. Developing System & Component qualification plan - TEMP for the mechanical components and sub-systems.
11. To carry out testing, analyze results and prepare test documents and presentation materials.
12. Lead the system-level design reviews of the mechanical systems /sub-system.
13. Understanding and performing FTA, FMEA, RAMP, RRCA, etc. to FTB- s/issues/turnbacks.
14. Implementing Root Cause Analysis to analyze the test result of a system, mechanical components, and FTBs.
15. Perform the elevator code gap analysis on both system and components.
16. Providing product support and technical expertise for Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Management, Quality, Field & Service and Marketing.
17. Identify, mentor and develop the lower level, high potential engineers.
18. Provide Technical leadership on mechanical system design using OTIS design standards for cost, manufacturing, assembly, reliability, and safety.
19. Developing and improving the design process of system engineering work.
Key Measurements :
1. Quality of mechanical design and execution based on design escapes resulting in turn-backs in system design release and escapes to manufacturing and the field.
2. Deliver mechanical system designs that meet the targets of requirements, quality, and cost.
3. Application of Otis design standards, guidelines, and standard works.
4. Rapid resolution of turn-backs and escapes and Mistake Proofing.
5. Develop and maintain technical expertise and engineering skills in the group.
6. Improvement in design quality through the reduction in design errors and escapes to the field.
7. Lead - Should Cost- activities and teams to reduce cost in design or cost reduction ideas.
Principle Working Relations : SIT Mechanical engineering, Electrical Engineering, PIC, Quality Control and Assurance, WWE MASC service team, Marketing, Sales, Service, Contract Engineering, Manufacturing Industrial Engineering, Supply Management,
Qualification Requirement :
1. Education & Experience: Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3-6 years experience or with a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, with 3-6 years applicable experience.
2. Experienced in elevator design with min 2-3 years would be advantage & preferable.
3. Language: Good in reading, written and spoken English
4. Computer Skills : Knowledge and experience on AutoCAD, 3D modeling tools, / CREO/Pro/E, Microsoft Office is essential.
5. Experience with the use of modeling tools using FEA, ANSYS tools would be an advantage
6. Good interpersonal and communications skills.
7. Other Key Competencies :
a. Creative and open mind, work hard and energetic, good teamwork and ethical.
b. Good interpersonal and communication skills.