Design Head - Structural Design (20-30 yrs)
This role presents an exceptional opportunity to work within an internationally renowned organization delivering projects across a range of sectors and in all parts of the world. The successful candidate will make a major contribution to high profile and large scale multidisciplinary projects that are changing the way we live today.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensuring the provision of efficient, high quality, structural engineering design on Precast Technology.
- Supporting single and multidisciplinary project teams
- Delivering multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to programme
- Working closely with clients and architects to produce creative designs to meet client aspirations
- Initiating, promoting, and driving forward programmes of continuous improvement for our structural engineering teams
- Assisting in managing the broader team through mentoring, training, and conducting annual appraisals
- Contributing to other technical and operational duties as required by the team
Leadership & Accountability :
- Build cohesive teams of people within the organization, valuing team spirit
- Share achievements with the team such that each team member feels valuable and appreciated
- Take ownership for policy, regulation and compliance in all relevant areas
- Go getter attitude, Collaborative, Agile, Responsive, Persuasive
People Development :
- Create an atmosphere that promotes moral, ethical and legal business conduct and ensures team is meeting customer needs and contractual obligations.
- Develop and Implement an effective coaching plan with the individual/team
- Effectively guiding the performance and career development of the people
- Accountable for performance and personal development of the team.
- Set high expectations for self and others and clearly communicate them. Challenges self and others to achieve at high levels.
- Effectively manage the biannual performance review process, providing honest and encouraging feedback regarding career and growth potential to the team
- Encourages Managers to lead and apply performance management activities.
- Act as a role model and mentor to support and develop senior professionals into new leaders.
- Acknowledge and reinforce high quality work and outstanding performance efforts
- Facilitate efforts to increase retention and utilization
- Ensure that all staff complete and gain appropriate individual training plans annually.
- Actively participate in training and development programs.
- Create a culture which is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
- Develop and follow a personal plan to stay abreast of industry/ business developments and market trends.
Values and Ethics :
- Coach others on the significance of the values & help others identify where they should be demonstrating the values
- Demonstrate the values even when operating in complex and ambiguous situations
Desired candidate :
- A chartered civil/structural engineer with Exposure to International Standards.
- Experience in Precast Design is a must
- Extensive experience of structural engineering building design on multidisciplinary projects at all design stages
- A technically focussed engineer, with substantial experience of engineering and delivering in a broad range of structure types and materials
- Substantial experience of different construction techniques, buildability, and practical site issues
- Ability to effectively manage resources and to work within budget and to programme
- Experience in the use of software for structural analysis and design
- Practical experience of design methodologies to British, European and, preferably, American codes
- The ability to clearly communicate technical and design concepts through reports and presentations
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work being undertaken and the level of responsibility accepted
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Master's degree or a PhD
- Premier Institute will be an added advantage
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.