Design Manager - Architecture - Construction (5-10 yrs)
Job Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in architectural engineering or related discipline,
- 5- 10 years experience, including AutoCAD drafting building construction industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
Job Responsibilities :
- Coordinate and oversee all technical activities relating to architectural and engineering projects, including directing the design team, reviewing drafts and computer models, and approving design changes.
- Communicate directly with managers, production staff, marketing personnel, and clients to discuss and organize projects from original conceptual design through construction.
- Present design proposals and bids to clients according to prescribed deadlines, and explain relevant details, reports, expense line items, and goals in clear and persuasive language.
- Provide consultations and spearhead negotiations with potential clients during the project development and bidding phases.
- Assess potential projects for feasibility by researching and analyzing associated technology, design requirements, governmental regulations, and market demand.
- Oversee recruitment efforts to staff project teams with architectural and engineering personnel as needed and provide top-level management for all design and engineering teams.
- Remain up-to-date with current and trending elements of design, construction, and technology by reading industry publications, manuals, and textbooks and attending professional development courses and events as time permits.
- Innovate and develop new standards, policies, and procedures for architectural design and engineering work as necessary to minimize costs and maximize efficiency.