Consultant at Hunter-Z Research Private Limited
Views:1083 Applications:198 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Design Manager - Manufacturing (12-15 yrs)
Design Managers have the responsibility of managing designers and produce optimized design. They are extremely innovative, artistic and creative and often collaborate on projects with their colleagues, delegate tasks and check for quality and consistency. They also meet with clients, listen to their project specifications and translate their requests into designs.
Required Exposure in :
- 12-15 yrs of experience in designing of which 7+ years of experience in managing the designers is mandatory.
- Should have exposure in engineering processes, standards, methods, and procedures and accomplish assigned tasks in given time frame.
Education : BE / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Proven experience as Design manager
- Demonstrated experience executing mechanical component level design and development
- Proven experience in developing 3D models.
- Strong in Engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with engineering tools including FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, GD&T, Tolerance Stack Analysis & DFM/DFA.
- Must have the ability to work independently or in teams, and be able to prioritize own work, and meet agreed timelines
Role & Responsibilities of a Design Manager :
- Develop design strategies
- Manage design activities
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing team
- Present design ideas
- Evaluate design performance
- Deadline Management
- Participate in design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design
- Responsible for Design Delivery Schedule.
- Manage distribution of workload within team.
- Collaborate on new design issues and research projects with team.
- Project prioritization of design, assignment and management to designers.
- Evaluate and motivate designers toward continued growth and leading design solutions.
- Assist technically for internal and external customers.
Usually works on regular business hours. It can be a stressful position because some of the work is done on deadline and they are constantly challenged to come up with creative and unique ways to produce information, as well as manage a number of subordinates.
Reporting Structure : Director Operations
Interacts with : HODs (internal), Customers