Senior Manager HR at Development Alternatives Group
Views:408 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Development Alternatives Group - GIS Consultant - Environmental Science (3-5 yrs)
Organization: Development Alternatives Group
Position : GIS Consultant
Domain : Policy and Planning Domain
Category & Reporting : Consultant (Contractual), Reporting to Vertical Head - Planning & Policy, Also closely working with Vice President
Hours of Working : Semi Flexible, Regular Day Hours, Minimum 3 days a week from Office (30 Hours a week)
Experience : 3-5 years of experience in using GIS related software and basic knowledge of python programming.
- Must Have : A master's degree in GIS, environmental sciences or geographical sciences, with advanced knowledge of GIS software
Highly Desirable :
- Experience in using Google Earth, arc GIS/Q-GIS,
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python,
About Project / Programme :
- Based in New Delhi, India, Planning and Policy Domain (PPD) of DA Group has a mandate to influence and support public policy in the transition towards sustainable development by connecting practice with policy.
- It develops innovative policy and practice oriented research to guide policymakers and domestic/international leaders, who develop high-impact policies that will address our national/worldwide most pressing Natural Resource Management/ Climate change related challenges.
- Our focus area are Sustainable Consumption & Production (water, green building material and waste management), Climate Change Resilience (Climate Change Adaptation : Water/Agriculture, Climate Finance & SDG-CC Inter Linkages) AND Inclusive Development (Agriculture and FPOs, Access to Housing, Eco-Tourism, Green MSMEs and Jobs, Equity and Res. Efficiency)
Job Description :
- Through this advertisement, DA Group is looking for a GIS anchor forNatural Resource Management Thematic area of the organization and specifically providing GIS and Data Solutions provider to other verticals.
- Act as an anchor for MIS- GIS data integration for entire DA group. Conduct baseline research and development of prototype maps of SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals).
- Types of tasks may include: Mapping of climate risks, Watershed mapping, Interactive web-based application, Market outreach mapping, develop eco-tourism maps, Hotspot mapping. Apart from this assist in partnerships and network building, and support in capacity building.
This will involve :
1. Coordinate mapping for development of Land Use Land Cover (LULC) maps
2. Creating shapefiles, rasters, converting polygon to raster and vice versa
3. Developing digital elevation models for different areas
4. Decoding errors in python using software
Desired Profile :
Technical Skills :
1. Experience in using Google Earth, arcGIS/Q-GIS.
2. Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python.
4. Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and Carto.
5. Outstanding quantitative skill set
Organizational Skills :
1. An ability to communicate well : Consultancy jobs such as these rely on your ability to pitch projects and plans to clients who may not know much about GIS. It's all about helping people get to the root of their problem and finding the solution. Depending on your level of seniority, you may interact with internal as well external stakeholders, in which case, communication skills are even more important.
2. Good writing skills : Reports, reports, reports. You'll be writing a good deal of them, which is why many GIS consultancy jobs require you to have polished writing skills.
3. Sales skills : Sometimes you have to sell your ideas and projects to clients. Non GIS users may not know what reports they need or which models they need building, so it's your job to get to the root of their problem and find a solution.
Attention to detail : Being detail oriented can get you very far. When you're working with maps, data and workflow, the quality and amount of effort you put into your work will show through.
No. of Positions : 01
Regular/ Contractual : Contract for 6 months (extendable to 1 year basis project requirement)
Location : Delhi HQ (Qutab Institutional Area, South Delhi)
Replacement/ New Position : Replacement