Manager at clickhire
Views:244 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Development Engineer - Industrial Products (8-15 yrs)
Job Description :
1. Co-ordinate with the Technical/Production Team to understand the Vendor development needs for Product development.
2. Conduct research of the external markets and identify potential sources/vendors that can meet the production requirements
3. Evaluate new and existing vendor to understand the capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and ensuring the vendor are able to meet the requirements as needed.
4. Track the vendor performance based on their rankings, and the ability to constituently meet or exceed the defined expectations.
5. Develop good relations and work closely with the Team to manage implement, track engineering, design changes, capacity studies and requirements for New Product Development
6. Drive cost effective improvements to Quality and Manufacturing processes, minimizing waste and support product development working closely with the Technical team.
7. Acquire technical knowledge on sourcing and development of potential vendors with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery.
8. Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationship with the Vendors & the team with regards to product development and procurement of parts.
9. Responsible for Product Quality planning, Production part approval process, Product development and approvals and supplier cost improvements.
10. Carry out Vendor performance/quality Audits.
11. Work closely with the Technical Team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure vendor process capabilities is effective to meet product and process requirements.
12. Contribute to continuous improvements activities.
13. Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
14. Independently determine approach and assigned tasks.
15. Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
16. Co-ordinate and communicate efficiently to ensure overall smooth process