DGM/General Manager - Procurement (15-20 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
- Focus on Global as well as Domestic Procurement and developing the co-distribution network.
- Responsible for procurement of Agrochemical active ingredients, Raw Material, Intermediate, Chemicals, Technical Active Ingredients and Packaging material primarily from China & also from other countries; wherein the procurement spend would be around INR 500 crores
- He should have very good experience with Chinese suppliers for agrochemicals.
- Should have good contact in India with major Agrochemical MNC companies like Syngenta, Bayer, Corteva, etc. and Indian companies like Indofil, Willowood, BestAgro, Crystal, IIL etc. for our B2B business to source their product & to sell it in our brand name.
- The candidate shall be responsible for supplier identification, develop sourcing strategy, supplier development and selection, negotiate competitive terms and conditions.
In addition, candidate is also responsible to implement supplier relationship management, nurturing suppliers into strategic partners, seeking continuous saving opportunities
- Successful candidate is expected to have good understanding of supplier capabilities operating in the agrochemical industry.
- He must have substantial experience working with agrochemical active suppliers, possess strong leadership skills in leading the procurement activities and processes, excellent negotiation, conflict resolution and analytical skills.
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Monitor all sourcing strategies and policies and ensure achievement of business objectives and lead appropriate negotiations with all suppliers
- Responsible for creating an alternate vendor base effective vendor management
- Collaborate with other functions like engineering, plant, R&D and quality assurance to identify qualify new suppliers
- Management of procurement staff in (and across) sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities
- Build and nurture a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs. Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions trends
- Managing the skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training development and knowledge management capabilities
- Keep up-to-date information regarding the price movements, technological factors, delivery schedule, reliability of supplies and the various terms at which goods can be supplied
- Support the collection of market intelligence data on Indian/overseas suppliers landscape
- In addition, candidate should have some experience in handling supply chain management in a reputed Agrochemical company.
Key skills and competencies :
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Must have exposure in procurement from China
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
- Strong negotiator with good business acumen
- Techno Commercial acumen
- Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
- Basic financial analysis and management costs accounting skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage dynamic situations
- Ability to influence and Impact
- Internal as well as external stakeholder management
- Exhibits high business ethics and principle based behaviour
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Team player and commitment and passion in making procurement as a lifelong career.
- People Leader