Director at Achievers Human Resources
Views:238 Applications:20 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
DGM/GM - Lead Technologist - Process Design Engineering (8-18 yrs)
One of India's leading MNC group and a Flagship chemical company requires Lead Technologist (DGM/GM)- Process Design Engg.at Corporate office Gurgaon.
- Team/Department Process Design and Engineering - Process Design (C5 & C6)
- Business & Location Chemicals Technology Group, Gurgaon
- Reporting to Group Leader - Process Design
- Lead the Process Design and Development for 1 product to prepare the BEP and facilitate the detail engineering and commissioning for smooth start-up and stabilization of commercial plant for the product.
- Financials Project with a Capex of 50 - 300 Crores
- People related Direct Reportee - 2-3 Team Member/Team Leader - 2 No.
- Organizational Relationships
- The Chemicals Technology Group mainly comprises of R&D facilities at Bhiwadi and Chennai, Pilot plants, Engineering lab and ETP facility at Bhiwadi, Process Design and other support teams based at Gurgaon. The present investments in these facilities exceed Rs.160 Crore.
- The CTG focuses on developing new products and technologies for SCB and FCB. These two businesses are growing at a very rapid pace and to feed their continuous growth, CTG has also been continuously investing and augmenting its resources accordingly. Currently more than Rs. 50 crores worth of investment plans is under execution/consideration.
Challenges of the role:
- New process development requires a high level of innovation and solutions generation virtually unique for every new process. Carrying out process design of equipment/ systems for new technologies. Training the commissioning team for every new product within a stipulated time for plant stabilization.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Accountabilities Responsibilities Control Point:
Preparation of Basic Engineering Package (BEP) - Conceptualize a suitable system for the process.
- Guide team in carrying out design calculations and preparation of engineering documents/ drawings.
- Ensures the quality of process engineering documents to make BEP.
- Finalize the documents for Design and Operation HAZOP. - Quality of BEP with minimum rework
- Co-ordination during Detailed Engineering - Finalize/ Validate the Detailed Engineering documents from Engineering contractor to ensure that BEP requirements are met. - No Deviation in Detailed Engineering Documents from BEP
- Co-ordination during Procurement - Validate vendor documents to ensure that BEP requirements are met. - All materials procured meet process engineering requirements.
- Plant Erection and commissioning and startup - Ensure that checklist for various phases in plant erection are compiled to ensure that the activities proceed as per P&ID's and other guidelines set by BEP
- Lead and participate in the interdepartmental discussion during pre-commissioning and commissioning of the plant
- Validate Plant Operating Manual
- Provide technical input to the commissioning team for timely completion of the job
- Evolve solutions for the area for process improvements and identify bottlenecks
- Keep track of Yield, Quality and capacity parameters on daily basis till handover to operations
- ENsuring that the as-built BEP documents incorporate all design changes/modifications - Smooth plant startup meeting the design objectives (Plant Capacity, Yield, RM & Utility Norms)
- Commissioning as per target date
Capability development in Process Design - Ensuring and updating Process Design Manuals.
- Carrying out extensive training of all design engineers through in-house training programmes. Ensuring that project learnings get captured in manuals and standards - Updated Process Design Manuals
- Domain Training Compliance
- Who do you interact with Purpose of interaction Frequency (How often)
- R&D, TTG New products development, scale-up and setting up of a plant Daily Basis
- Project Team Resolving Process design related issues during project execution for a project Need basis
- Detail Engineering Consultant Providing clarification of queries in Basic Engineering documents during the detail engineering phase Need basis
- Equipment Vendors Technical clarifications to ensure that purchase equipment meet our design requirements Need basis
- Commissioning team Checking of operating manual in line with process requirements. Troubleshooting countermeasures/ implementation of improvement plans Daily during the commissioning stage
- Checking the process design basis document prepared by the team for approval from Group Leader-Design
- Checking the BEP documents prepared by the team for approval from Group Leader-Design
- Validating detail engineering documents to ensure that they are as per BEP and decides on the changes required
- Recommending new technology for Group Leader-Design approval
- Ensure the plant has been erected in line with BEP
- Recommend trouble-shooting solutions during plant commissioning & stabilization
Educational Qualification B.E./ B.Tech - Chemical Engineering
Nature of experience Sound chemical engineering fundamentals, good data interpretation skills, good presentation skills, good conceptualization skills.
Duration of experience 8-15 Years
Role-specific competencies Applying and Building Technical Expertise, Creativity and Innovation, Problem Solving, Customer Centricity, Analytical Decision making, Leading People, Team working & Collaboration.
If interested, Please apply here.
For further query/clarity please feel free to contact,
Achievers Human Resources Consultants
91 78695 71718