DGM - Telecom Operations & Maintenance (12-16 yrs)
Job Description :
- Responsible for creating and maintaining infrastructure necessary for the growth and the upkeep of field and Network operations which shall include Internet Data Centers, ATM sites, Cable Landing Stations and NW space to drive network efficiency and availability. Drive the procurement and technical planning of TGN and submarine cables owned by consortiums and effect cost savings.
- Corrects mission critical utility infrastructure problems effectively at optimal costs and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring necessary co-ordination on certification and field level testing, as appropriate for the business segment.
- Coordination with the Technical teams for new enhancements/issue resolution.
- Drives initiatives, industrialization, and efficiencies to facilities for improvements (i.e. enhancements, updates, upgrades, new systems).
- Establishes tools and procedures to monitor field operations performance.
- Ensure reliability and robustness of the cable systems. Set up configurations - number of fibre pairs in the cable, capacity, landing stations.
- Manage the complete capacity distribution and traffic activation on the cable system. Provide manpower technical resource support for internal customers during Project Implementation and Delivery.
- Maintains critical power and environment quality standards to achieve optimal levels of operation.
- Tracks and monitors the environment performance to ensure minimal interruption to network transmission and/or network switches.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory stipulations within the region.
- Some roles within this group may manage marine cables and network equipment maintenance, international real estate management, security operations for all sites and Network ensuring adequate support for maintenance of international facilities and network at optimal costs, ensuring sufficient focus on optimizing cost of facility infrastructure while maintaining reliability, both in terms of operations and capital investments.
Broad outline of the Role :
- May be an individual contributor or may lead a team through expertise in most or all areas within Telecom Network Operations and Maintenance.
- Tactical role which provides a marked contribution to defining the direction of new products, processes, standards or operational plans based upon business strategy, with a significant mid term impact on business unit overall results.
- May lead important projects that require providing experienced project team members with instruction, guidance and advice in all aspects of the project to ensure delivery of quality outcomes.
- Provides a second level management to a group of one or more teams led by a supervisor/team leader which in turn could comprise a combination of professional, technical administrative staff.
- Identifies problems and significantly improves, changes or adapts existing methods and techniques.
- Focus is on implementation and control rather than policy and strategy development.
- Impact of decisions made is short-mid term in nature.
- Self-sufficient, capable of identifying key issues and priorities and focusing on these to deliver required results with minimal direction and supervision.
- Able to identify problems and significantly improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques.
Education : Graduate in any discipline
Experience: 12-15 years of project mgmt and/or crisis management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.