Director/AVP - Construction Project (18-20 yrs)
An MNC in data Center Business is hiring for a Director/AVP level resource to manage Construction, This person will be responsible for construction of Data Centre physical infrastructure projects, both brown field& green field,within the stipulated schedules &budgets, in a multi-vendor environment with broad interdependencies and ensure that they meet all quality parameters
Job Description :
- He will work with diverse individual and groups within and outside the organization and ensure all KPI of the project are met.
- Actively participate in reviews including weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly, planning, monitoring and coordination exercises within the defined KPIs.
- Will be responsible for overall project management. It would include developing detailed project plan/ schedule, resource planning and budgeting, resource assignments, risk management, quality and cost management etc.
- Reporting to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the project, as well as compliances as laid out to the management and other identified stakeholders.
- Capable of leading multiple, complex, multi-disciplinary projects through the entire life cycle of project including planning & budgeting /initiation / execution / tracking and reporting / sign-off / financials / timeliness / cost controls and closure.
- Should have excellent inter-personal skill and capable of driving diverse set of people and vendors to common goal.
- Works independently and collaboratively with other stakeholders
- Preferably should have independently handled mid/large size datacenter construction or other critical Infra built projects
- Have good understanding of standard practices in the Design/Construction industry and/or IT/Telecom/BPO with exposure to fast-track design/ build processes, telecom services roll-out etc.
- Experience in dealing with Large Electrical/ HVAC SIs / GMPs / Turn-key contractors. Should have exposure to managing HT/LT installation, HVAC installations and Automation.
Educational Qualification& Experience :
- Civil / Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering graduate with 15 -18 years of experience, with sufficient exposure to various areas including construction management, design management and project management of large complex real estate/infrastructure for critical environments eg, Data Centres, telecom, power/processing plants etc.
- Deep expertise in risk management of large infrastructure projects to deliver on time and within budget
- The right candidate for this position will have extensive experience in managing large-scale construction projects running at multiple locations, ability to solve problems and lead. He should be self-starter, have flair for project management cum timely delivery.
- Should have hands-on-experience of working on MS Project and other Microsoft tools
- Strong Client facing and vendor management experience
Other Knowledge / skills :
1. Good understanding of key business processes across the company,
2. Interdependencies between other functions in the data centre business.
3. Collecting, analysing and synthesizing key business intelligence metrics to fine-tune construction management and costs to deliver superior outcomes to the business and improve its competitive position in the market.
4. Thorough knowledge of govt approval processes in the construction environment and appropriate risk management in the process.
5. Adequate knowledge of bill of materials, cost planning for mission critical environments is highly desirable
For queries one may reach out on +91 8451801646/+919324697196