Manager Talent Acqusition at SS Consultants & Services
Views:168 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Director - Biomedical Engineering (8-9 yrs)
Director of Bio-Medical Engineering
Industry : Pharmaceuticals/Biotechnology/Clinical Research
Location : Tokyo, Japan
Client Details :
- Client is a scientific instrumentation company that designs & manufactures tools for molecular analysis. At Client, we- re creating a whole new way of sensing and understanding molecular information. Ahead of the technology curve, both in terms of software, algorithms and hardware, we have applied some of the best minds in the field to break new ground in quantitative molecular analysis.
- We have created the industry's smallest, smartest, cloud-connected, plug-and-play molecular cameras that quantitatively analyze chemical processes in real time with unprecedented detail.
- Engineered in Tokyo and Silicon Valley (US & India), our disruptive solutions will revolutionize the way the world senses, collects, processes and interprets molecular data.
- We have a very clear mission, to develop automated, AI-based, miniaturized platforms for mass spectrometry and optical spectroscopy. But that sort of complex molecular analysis has a wide range of potential industry applications, making it difficult to prioritize efforts. The startup company has already commercialized the first quantitative, real-time miniaturized mass spectrometers for semiconductor and pharmaceutical industry gas detection.
- Its first product is geared toward monitoring pharmaceutical lyophilization, which is a freeze-drying process commonly used by the pharmaceutical industry for product stabilization, for contamination, leaks or other problems. Now, with a new cash infusion in the form of a $33 million series C round, it's turning to focus on point-of-care diagnostics.
Job Details :
Experience : 8 - 9 Years
Annual Salary : 10000000 JPY
Work Location : Tokyo, Japan
Domain : Pharmaceuticals/Biotechnology/Clinical Research
Job Description :
Primary Responsibilities :
- Assay development for diagnostics applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the development of Atonarp digital diagnostics platforms
- Quickly come up to speed with established diagnostic panels
- Developing novel diagnostics panels on Atonarps digital diagnostics platform
- Collaborate directly with application development scientists and engineers to define project goals, experimental design details and deliverables
- Provide inventive workflow solutions for internal development teams, collaborators and customers
- Collaborate with software teams to improve existing and develop new data analysis solutions /visualizations.
- Present results effectively to management and development teams, with the ability to define clear actionable next steps.
Required Skills & Experience :
- Ph.D. or MS in Microbiology, organic chemistry, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field
- 8+ years of hands-on industry experience taking products through to commercialization in the diagnostics area
- Experience with blood diagnostics, invasive & non-invasive diagnostics tests and systems
- Excel at data-driven process development and optimization and the ability to communicate these findings
- A working understanding of the medical diagnostics devices
Additional Skills & Experience :
- Familiarity with standard biochemical and molecular biology methods
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technological platforms, including being able to troubleshoot instrument issues
- Excel in technology development with demanding schedules and deliverables
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate ideas
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills to work well with scientists and engineers having widely divergent backgrounds
- Experienced and confident in a fast-paced, start-up work environment