Recruitment Specialist at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:42 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Director - Procurement (15-26 yrs)
Title: Director, Procurement, Alwar
Reporting: VP, Manufacturing, Alwar
Location: Alwar, India
Your responsibility is to develop and manage the strategic procurement function for Alwar, India, specifically the procurement strategy and operations, category and supplier development. You also make sure execution of company compliance, code of conduct, ethical principles and company values with zero tolerance deviations with external companies. Your own values, ethic and business ethic are on high level and in line with Client's values. You have proven leadership skills to increase performance together with organization. Position has heavy interface with the Alwar operational plant managers and global business area procurement leaders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase and improve procurement function and suppliers performance with team all the time in terms of business performance, competitiveness, reliability and quality. Have heavy focus on performance follow-up by KPI- s, leading the teams for continuous improvement and execute performance improvement when necessary.
- Working with, and at the direction from, the Business area and Business area procurement to develop supply strategy in-line with the overall Business Area strategy.
- Together and with the guidance of Aggregates global category manager of castings, manage and develop all global foundries of Aggregates crushers business based out of India and support allocation of production / demand to all global Aggregates factories of Client .
- Work with global procurement leaders supporting their category managers to develop global sourcing from India.
- Acting as key procurement stakeholder in expansion projects like building greenfield or brownfield facilities.
- Dealing with global supplier's for advanced machinery and equipment.
- Supports and drives the Global procurement process implementation and compliance, and strategic day-to-day procurement success.
- Ensures procurement activities meet Clients code of conduct, supplier code of conduct, anti-corruption policy and other Legal and Policy compliance's. You also ensure global approval grids are implemented.
- Managing procurement from steel mills for Alwar and it's supplier by developing annual / quarterly rate contracts and ensuring rolling / milling of material in line with production requirement.
- Manage and develop logistic function by bring cost competitive global transportation and shipping partners.
- Develop digital modes of negotiation / competitive bidding.
- Follow-up, report, develop and drive procurement KPI's on timely manner in global tools like PPV cost development, procurement savings, on time delivery, first time pass, science based targets for sustainability etc.
- Develop, drive and ensure suppliers sustainability development within responsibility area. Sustainability and code of conduct are really critical for Client and we need to make sure our suppliers are also build world class ways of to manage sustainability. Yor responsibility is to make sure we are executing annual sustainability audits, increase suppliers SBT (science based targets) commitment and do necessary corrective actions to meet requirements.
- Interfaces with other procurement heads of Indian organization to ensure synergies of working together where possible.
- Helps and develops procurement functionality training and development programs, as well as employee training and development, as needed.
- Builds and develop strong sourcing organization and manages them efficiently under Client's policies, procedures, and financial budget requirement.
- Strong supplier negotiation leadership skills implementing Client's terms and conditions. Mindset to develop variable cost sheets across supply chain.
- Ensure development of new components on time to build new products within agreed timeframe.
- Other related and associated procurement support projects and duties.
Other Requirements :
- Prepare and send reports to Management.
- Deal with the internal requirements of the Management Team.
- Demonstrates cooperative team effort within work group. Works effectively with other groups and departments, internal or external. Demonstrates respect for others and acts in a suitable and professional manner.
- Assesses and prioritizes work requirements; develops and executes plans promptly and accepts advice and/or direction well.
- Be able to perform extensive travel, with short notice. Destinations are global.
- Be able to perform extended stays to perform the duties of the position. Extended stays are subject to accommodations as believed, by CLient, reasonable for the circumstances.
- Manage interaction with various cultures.
Internal / External interfaces :
- All internal departments
- External service providers, as appropriate.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, competency and/or ability needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reporting relationship with following directly or in matrix :
- Alwar Plant Vice President.
- Aggregates BA procurement Vice President
- Head of Procurement for Rubber & Mill Lining & Screening Solution BL of CNS BA,
- Head of Procurement for of Pump BL of Minerals BA.
- Procurement Steering Committee of Client.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's / Master degree in engineering is must; Post graduate studies or MBA in procurement area preferred.
- Minimum of Fifteen years- experience in business and procurement functions, with proven increasing roles. Ten years at management level, especially in a western, matrix business environment.
- Five years- experience in heavy equipment manufacturing industries, or Industrial equipment industries.
- Experience of handling direct procurement, indirect procurement, capital expenditure, shipping and logistic and global sourcing of minimum Rs. 1,500 cr. plus annual budget.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills are essential.
- In addition to local language reading, writing and speaking skills; English language reading, writing and speaking skills at a professional level.
- Strong knowledge of the business functions of sales, supply, engineering, finance, human resources, business systems and IT infrastructure. Experience with SAP ERP environmental is a must.
- Must keep valid passport and ability to secure required Visa's for travel to legally accepted locations globally.
- Mindset to develop high quality supply chain network around existing operations and strong desire to drive productivity benefits across supply chain.
Skill and Abilities :
- Be willing to actively engage in problem solving opportunities.
- An important level of computer skills is essential - Excel, Word and PowerPoint plus knowledge of Outlook.
- Initiative-taking individual with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong drive and performance orientation skills needed.
- Persuasive communication skills, plus co-operation, interpersonal and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces.
- High ethical standards and a role model in compliance
- High sense of urgency.
- People leadership and listening skills.
- Use of telephone, personal computer, calculator, copier and other office equipment