Managing Partner at Antal International Network
Views:458 Applications:46 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Divisional R&D Head - Brakes Design (11-15 yrs)
Division : R&D
Department : 2W Vehicle design
Functional Area : Chassis (Brakes & other veh parts)
Functional reporting to : VP
i) Educational Qualification Essential :
- B.E / B. Tech / M Tech Mechanical Engg from reputed University / Institute
- Minimum 65 % marks
- Should have been consistent & secured good percentage throughout academics (SSC, HSC, Diploma, Graduation etc)
ii) Experience Minimum : 12 Year(s) Maximum : 15 Year(s)
iii) Age Limit Minimum : 34 Year(s) Maximum : 37 Year(s)
Job Role & Responsibilities :
Role : To lead a team of engineers who are responsible for the design development and production implementation of 2W vehicle braking system, wheels, die cast, forged & fabricated vehicle parts like step holders and other fabricated parts like stands, leg and saree guards etc except frame.
Technical/ Functional responsibilities :
- To be the nodal person to interface with brake system suppliers and the internal teams like vehicle integration, testing & validation and component development.
- Verify and approve the installation and integration of brake system parts including the relevant hoses and cables.
- Responsible to achieve the PQCD targets for brake system.
- Ensure completion of DFMEA of the brake systems parts at subsystems levels and vehicle level.
- Ensure the successful completion of subsystem level and vehicle level validation of parts under his responsibility
- Resolution of all new product development issues for his parts, and ensuring that the technical, subjective and objective reasoning presented by the supplier is logical and correct.
- Design, CAE analysis, development, testing and implementation of Die cast, forged and fabricated parts outline above
- To resolve any field quality issues of the existing products.
- Benchmarking and monitoring of what is latest in his field of work
- Be instrumental in driving innovation & improvements in his area of work.
Competency Requirements :
- Initiative, Desire to Learn
- Effective team player and ability to lead small teams
- Proactive and Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skill
Specific expertise required for functional area :
- Expertise in all types of 2W brake systems design & implementation.
- Must have been fully involved in full life cycle of brake system design and production implementation.
- Knowledge of 2W vehicle layout, ergonomics, integration considerations
- Knowledge on regulation requirements for Brake system, ABS, CBS, Grabs, Stands, Wheels, Step Holders etc.,
- Knowledge of CAD modelling, PLM tools. Hands on experience on UG-NX, Team center will be added advantage
- Well versed with design calculations for parts under his responsibility
- Knowledge of sub system level and vehicle level testing & evaluation for his parts
- Virtual simulation knowledge for parts design and their acceptance criteria.
- Application of GD&T, DFMEA, DFM etc.
- Exposure to manufacturing process like forging, Aluminium PDC/GDC, Press & fabrication, etc.,
Likely sources : OEMs : Hero moto, TVS, Royal Enfield, etc.,
Service Industry : Tier1 suppliers : Brake system manufacturers