Talent Acquisition Consultant at Now and Beyond
Views:172 Applications:4 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Document Controller - EPC Management (2-5 yrs)
Job Description :
One of our esteemed clients -Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. It is a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and is currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects is looking for a Document Controller.
Job Purpose :
- Provide Document control services for Equinox EPC Engineering India Pvt. Ltd., for various projects on oil and gas facilities.
Key Skills and Abilities :
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access Database.
- Fundamental computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- General understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Shall be self-driven, with minimum supervision
- Implementation and management of Document Control systems necessary to conduct the work.
- Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports.
- Ability to organize workload and to manage filing methods and management techniques.
Job Responsibilities & Authorities
- Responsible for overseeing Junior EPCM Document Controls work.
- Receive, register, distribute and file incoming and outgoing documentation.
- Coordinate all activities related to the document control procedure, including technical documents, drawing and commercial correspondence.
- Input document data into the standard registers ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
- Make sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable.
- Maintain updated records of all approved documents and drawings and their distribution clearly.
- Maintain the documents and drawings in the document control office under safe custody without any damage or deterioration with easy traceability.
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project.
- Maintain the Project EDMS.
- Provide support to clients, vendors, engineers and document control team.
- Quality control checkpoint for all drawing issue stages.
- Filing, database maintenance and facilitation of squad reviews for vendor drawings.
- Facilitation of squad reviews for internal project drawings and vendor documents.
- Prepare drawing indexes, transmittals and reports.
- Filing and maintenance for project data books.
Education and Qualifications :
- High School Diploma.
- 1 - 3 years of Document Control experience
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn new systems and programs quickly.
- The Document Controller reports to the Manager Document Controller