DRE Motors - Advanced Chassis Design Engineer (4-6 yrs)
- Chassis Integration and Vehicle Dynamics (Vehicle/System Design Specifications, Elasto-kinematics and Dynamics Modeling, Vehicle Dynamics Testing)
- Suspension (Dampers, Springs, Bushings/Mounts, Ball Joints, Sensors/Controls)
- Steering (Gears, Columns, Sensors/Controls)
- Structures (Frames/Subframes, Links/Arms, Pedals, Couplings, Bolted Joints)
- Wheel End Systems (Brakes, Wheels, Tires, Bearings, Driveline)
- Designs or modifies existing designs to develop or improve products or facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Determines mechanical design characteristics such as packaging, panel/control layouts, functional configuration and chassis frame design.
- Develops complex designs for electronic printed circuit boards including path and component layout designs.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, tooling and equipment, interchangeability and replaceability.
- Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development.
- Makes layouts of complex mechanical assemblies or detailed parts of devices and mechanisms.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Gathers information on materials or parts needed for design by use of applicable handbook data and a good working knowledge of catalog and standard parts/components available for purchase.
- Performs job functions with the use of computer aided design (CAD) equipment and software.
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree
- CAD experience (CATIA)
- FEA or ADAMS/Chassis CAE
- Experience in engineering Intimate Familiarity with 3D design software such as Solidworks.
- Solid understanding of sheet metal fabrication techniques such as punching, laser cutting, CNC bending, PEM insertion, powder coating, anodising, etc.
- Understanding of milling and other manufacturing processes. Ability to use a mill with your own hands, without needing an operator's assistance.
- Ability to work with mechanical fabrication vendors, for both prototyping and mass manufacturing