Drilling Engineer (0-5 yrs)
Job Description - Drilling Engineer (Operations)
Reports to the Drilling Superintendent
- Monitor the daily drilling and completion operations. Update the appropriate charts, files and directional well course maps
- Prepares Drilling Programs/ Load out list for each well. Document to be issued 1 week before spud.
- Prepares drilling section of the implantation report.
- Prepares program amendments: Changes to the manual / well programs or in case of unscheduled events, i.e. Squeeze procedures, side track procedures, temporary abandonment procedures, etc-
- Assembles and prepares the EOWR.
- Analyzes and updates the equipment inventory spreadsheet for Float equipment, Casings, Liner hangers and Wellheads. Prepares Ordres de Founrniture and follow up with A&C to ensure all equipment is ordered and delivered in a timely fashion in order to minimize freight cost and meet the drilling requirements.
- Prepares the 13 3/8- casing and liner running and cementing programs and assists the Drilling Supervisor with the implementation of these programs. In addition, reviews the 20- and 9 5/8- casing and cementing programs prepared by the Drilling Supervisors. Reviews and recommends changes to the cementing contractor proposals.
- QC the Ordre de Service prepared for each well by the Technical Assistant
- QC the - operations- databases managed by the technical assistant.
- Reviews and analyzes past drilling programs and actual well data in an effort to identify safer and more environmentally sound operations techniques, and areas where new innovative drilling ideas can be implemented. Recommends ways to reduce cost while drilling and completing a well.
- Participates in the preparation of the monthly drilling report.
- Plans, implements, and monitors drilling fluid properties daily and ensures that post-well mud appraisal reports are prepared by the drilling fluid contractor. Check invoices.
- Plans, implements, and monitors cementing design proposals and ensures that post-well cementing appraisal reports are prepared by the cementing companies. Check invoices.
- Prepares calculations and makes recommendations pertaining to casing, tubing and drill string designs.
- Liaison with the representatives from the Geology, Reservoir and Production Departments during the planning, execution, and post-well analysis stages for each well.
- Coordinate pre spud meetings.
Department: Maintenance Oil & Gas Engineering Industry: Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Skills: operations case c fashion geology well ideas reports qc production design can calculations databases amp drilling
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.