Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:1600 Applications:212 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
EHS Head - Industrial Health/Safety Management (20-25 yrs)
Job description :
Provides strategic direction and leadership for Company's Safety, Health and Environment Teams and Initiatives.
Primary responsibilities includes :
1. Assures continuous performance improvement in SHE towards building the culture of safety and Overall sustainability of SHE process.
2. Chairs various internal organizational teams/committees that help to develop and deploy SHE policies and objectives across the organisation
3. Ensure proactive compliance with all Local, State, and Central regulations and Serves as an company representative, liaison to a variety of external entities including Central, State, and Local Agencies, Customers, Suppliers, industry related groups, and various non-profit, educational, government and community entities for SHE.
The manufacturing units are handling and processing hazardous inorganic and organic chemicals in bulk quantities towards manufacturing fertilisers and crop protection chemicals. All the manufacturing units are governed by the state and central pollution control boards, inspectorate of factories for safety and health of employees and environment aspects.
The major challenges in this job are :
1. Liaison with Government agencies, stakeholders/communities around the manufacturing plants, Sales & Mktg teams and Offices.
2. Building SHE and system consciousness in employees
3. Ensuring contract workmen safety
4. Ensuring compliance to Safety & Environment Acts towards business sustainability
5. Educating and creating awareness among community on safety & environmental related information and preparing them to face emergencies effectively
6. To bring up standards of SHE to world class level
Major Responsibilities :
1. Ensure implementation of SHE policy, Management systems (EMS, OHSAS, PSMS, IMS, RC) and compliance to statutory & legal requirements for achieving zero accident and hazard free environment
2. Ensuring Safety & Environment Acts towards business sustainability
3. Educate and create awareness among employees about potential hazards
4. Monitor the workplace to ensure employees follow safety in manufacturing like PPE, Safe work practices & control mechanisms.
5. Conducting and participating in workplace SHE meetings like safety committee, emergency mock drills, Management Review meetings
6. Ensure emergency preparedness, periodical audits and progress of SHE management programs
7. Installation and maintenance of SHE devices and instruments
8. Assisting in the investigation of accidents, monitor and prevent - unsafe actions & use of unsafe equipment and tools.
9. Coordinating with Govt. agencies like pollution control board, inspectorate of factories for periodical surveys and audits.
10. Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; progress of mgmt. audit points and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
11. Reporting MIS as per defined frequency.
12.Conducts accident investigation, root cause analyse and formulate corrective and preventive actions plans and prepare trends based corrective actions.
13. Ensure Training and Competency Standards are developed and met to meet Work Culture Development.
14. Conducts safety trainings on Isolation & Lock out Scaffolding, Work at Heights, Contractor safety management and other safety related trainings and seminars.
15. Ensures effective Communication on OH&S standards and Various Legal requirements, as well as awareness Issues.
Key Accountablities :
- Ensuring compliance of Factories Act and Rules, and Environmental Protection Act and amendments thereto at all units on behalf of the Occupier to meet statutory requirements.
- Obtain consent orders, product wise clearances, new product licences etc. Implement provisions mentioned in the Factories Act.
- Timely reporting and compliances to be done as per statutes
- Ensure effective implementation of management systems such as OHSAS, IMS, RC, EMS and PSMS at units already in place and render support to the other units for designing and implementing the above systems.
- Provide advice and facilitate individual businesses, on issues related to behavioural safety; process safety; accident prevention and investigation; crisis and disaster management and risk mitigation for existing and new investments/projects
- Work with the SHE Managers to design, implement and monitor Process Safety Management System including SHE Audits, Risk assessments, HAZOP/ HAZAN, Benchmarking processes and technologies to reduce risks and meet global best practices in the area of fire regulations, handling hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding assets and controlling occupational diseases etc.
- Scan global practices and industry leaders and implement processes towards building Sustainable ecosystems. Action risk mitigation for existing and new investments/projects.
- Coach SHE Managers in the implementation of good management practices to promote an effective, healthy and safe organizational culture and providing competent professional advice.
- Strategize and execute contemporary risk management processes, systems, new legislations and standards, injury management, insurable risks and death and disability scheme and any developments that affect Coromandel's business interests.
- Oversee the design and roll out of continuous training on SHE covering all stake holders including contract labour, Third Party force, customers, vendors, supply chain partners etc.
- Develop and deploy a group level reporting mechanisms to monitor the SHE program. Analyse trend reports and effectiveness of corrective and preventive systems in place.
- Represent Company interests in advocacy forums, professional groups, industry associations and Govt bodies as appropriate.
- Create stakeholder inclusivity around SHE issues through various initiatives that help sustain a culture of Safety
Required Candidate profile :
- B. Tech/ M. Tech Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 20-25 years experience with Degree or Diploma in Industrial Safety from RLI /or Govt recognised University or Institute.
- Minimum 5-7 years of leadership/managerial experience within the SHE function.
- Should have experience in managing multiple plants, warehouses, regional offices, corporate office, retail outlets etc.
- Should have prior experience in bulk Chemicals, Cement, Fertilizer, Petrochemicals industry .
- Deep understanding of the products, processes and practices of each group company.
- Expertise in Management systems like ISO 18000, ISO 140001, OSHAS, HAZAN/HAZOP, Safety and disaster management practices.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Acts, Rules, Regulations and Codes in Chemical and related industries.
- Proven leadership, communication and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively and to influence those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exists.
- Ability to travel in excess of 40% of the time.
Candidates willing to relocate to Vizag or Kakinada may only apply.