Associate Consultant at Wenger & Watson Inc
Views:1852 Applications:302 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
EHS Officer - Environmental Engineering (5-17 yrs)
We are hiring for "EHS Officer" position with Design, Architecture and Construction Company.
Experience : 5- 17 years
Location : Bangalore
Please find the below Job Description and Roles/Responsibilities :
- Should have a working knowledge of EAIM (Environment Aspect and Associated Impact)
- Identify impact using HIRA (Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment)
- EHS System
- Statutory/legal compliances and liaison
- Interactive engagement
- EHS documents
- Training and EHS activities
- Create EHS procedures in compliance with applicable statutes, legal compliances, and local government laws & standards
- Conduct JSA (Job Safety Analysis) and follow Safe Operating Procedures
- Ensure implementation of Work Permit System
- Ensure labor camps / cr- ches are set up for site workers / their children, as per BOCWA Act, 1996 guidelines
- Arrange periodic medical checkups for workers engaged under hazardous operations, and ensure First Aid box and First Aiders are available as applicable
- Ensure all work activities carried out at site comply with applicable statutory and legal requirements
- Liaison with government authorities and ensure work done complies with BOCWA Act, 1996, and other applicable laws and standards
- Conduct meetings with Site Operations Team / Contractors at regular intervals to review the EHS related issues, and formulate procedures
- Ensure all EHS related documents like Legal Register, Operation Control Procedure (OCP), HIRA, EAIM, Near Miss / Incident & Accident Report, Method Statements, Monthly EHS Reports besides others created and maintained at all times
- Conduct risk assessment and risk mitigation
- Conduct regular site visits for physical checks and verification of Unsafe Acts/Unsafe Conditions, as per EHS procedures & provide resolution
- Conduct EHS inspections/Assessments/Audits; investigate accidents / incidents, raise Observations / NCRs &provide appropriate solutions, including recommendations for corrective and preventive actions.
- Inspect all lifting tools, power tools & tackles for safe condition; ensure correct erection of scaffolds and ladders prior to use; and ensure use of safety full body harness for work at height
- Ensure third party inspections/certification for tools and equipment's as applicable
- Conduct EHS motivational and promotional activities
- Conduct training like EHS Induction, Tool Box Talks, Job Specific training, Firefighting & First Aid training, & others based on OSHAS 18001 and EMS 14001for staff and workers.
Any References is much appreciated!!
Interested candidates can apply here.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.