Electrical Design Engineer - Industrial Products (5-8 yrs)
POSITION: AutoCAD, Electrical Design Engineer.
Education: B.E. Electrical / BTech Electrical, or equivalent Experience: Minimum 5-8 years of experience in engineering/application support, EPC or manufacturing organization Software: SPI, external editor, Auto cad-electrical, Inventor, Ms office (Excel/word etc.), PDF editor.
Job Role and Responsibility:
1. Understand the scope of work from project/sr. project engineer/project leader.
2. Understand the work break down structure based on inputs available (technical specification, tenders etc.).
3. Study of the task to be completed. And clear the queries with respective concerns.
4. Estimate the time required to complete the task and estimation/inputs to be given to project/sr. project engineer/project leader.
5. Submissions of documents for customer review. Understanding of comments/requirement from customer/internal team.
6. Adherence to safety norms as per defined international standards while designing.
7. Document review. Understand the queries from juniors and resolve the same. Review their documents.
8. Participation in team meetings, follow ups and submission of status reports.
9. Knowledge of panel design, Switchgear Component selection, Wire Harness design, cable selection.
10. Design/Engineering drawings/deliverables as:
a. Instrument datasheets, Instrument Index, Instrument Hook up.
b. Wiring/control/SLD schematics.
c. Loop Drawing, PLC IO list.
d. Cause & effect Diagram, Logic Diagram.
e. Panel enclosure GA/Cabinet, Control philosophy.
f. Electrical documents like cable schedule, load list, motor datasheets etc.
g. Terminal schedule/drawing.
h. Service diagrams.
i. Junction box, Earthing, Interconnection drawing Preparation of standard tools/automation/Standardization.
11. Good technical knowledge.
12. Knowledge of hazardous area classification/certification/ IEC/ CSA/ UL/other Standards.