Senior Officer at V Ships India Pvt Ltd
Views:1641 Applications:170 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Electrical Technical Officer - Shipping/Marine (0-1 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Tasks and Responsibilities of Electrical Technical Officer (ETO) include (but are not limited to) :
- Responsible for proper recording of temporary and preliminary modifications
- To be proficient and knowledgeable in the maintenance and repair of all electrical and electronic equipment on the vessel
- Accurately maintain logbooks, planned maintenance system and spare part control
- Carry out repairs and maintenance to the electronic installation of the vessel, with particular regard to DP and GMDSS equipment, all under the direction of the Chief Engineer
- Keep and maintain current vendors catalogue library of all equipment in area of responsibility
- Ensure through uniform stock & quantity control, that adequate inventory and level of spares is maintained at all times in area of responsibility
- Carry out maintenance and administration of the vessel's IT systems and software systems, in conjunction with the IT department ashore.
- To be familiar with all Company procedures, including the Safety Management System, applicable to his duties
- Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work in accordance with the established safety standards and work practices.
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighting, man overboard exercises, lifeboat launching, security drills and/or other training as applicable for the function
- Wearing, inspecting and caring for required personal protective equipment.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS :
- Knowledge and experience in the offshore industry
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Valid Offshore Medical
- BOSIET Training or Equivalent (OPITO approved)
- Fluent both in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of DP Vessel operations
- Comply with the requirements as described in Section 4.6 of the IMCA document - Training and Experience of Key DP Personnel-
For more details Contact Mr. Ajay Sharma : +91 9830152306
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.