CEO at SS Consultants & Services
Views:249 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Electrical Technician - Offshore - Maintenance Services (5-10 yrs)
Electrical Technician (Offshore)
- Carry out day-to-day electrical maintenance activity on electrical system and equipment associated with the LNG/
- Process Trains, Utilities, Offshore Facilities and non-plant building and facilities, including predictive, preventive, breakdown and shut down maintenance.
- Reports to the Nominated QatarGas Maintenance Supervisor or his designate for day-to-day work. manner.
- Carry out work predictive, corrective and shutdown maintenance as assigned by supervisor in charge to prevent failure and enhance reliability and availability of electrical equipment and machinery, associated within his assigned area of the plant.
- Ensure compliance at all times with Permit to work procedure, electrical safety procedure, QatarGas Environmental Health, Safety and security procedures, as well as occupational health and safety regulations.
- Identify common failures and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Provides accurate maintenance history and closeout reports of all completed work as per company requirements.
- Observe safety hazards, unsafe condition and near miss and report to supervisor.
Educational Qualifications : Minimum Higher Secondary School Education plus 3 year Diploma or
- ITI or vocational
- Training in electrical trade from recognized institution.
- Relevant Work Experience; A minimum of 5 years of experience, of which at least 3 years under Maintenance role in Oil & Gas Industry / petrochemical / process plant or a major Power Utility.
- Computer Skills ; Computer literate with Microsoft Office software
- English Language Skills ; Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Trade Certificate / Specialized Trainings; Authorized electrical person (AEP) certificates being issued by electrical institutions or previous employer shall be preferred.
Job Specific Requirements :
Must have hands on experience in the preventive and corrective maintenance of the following equipment :
- Power and Distribution Transformers with a Primary voltage of up to 6.6kV
- Switchgears with a Voltage of up to 6.6kV.
- Induction motors up to the voltage level of 6.6kV
- Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) and Battery Chargers (BC).
- Protection relays for transformers, switchgears, and motors.
- Plant lighting and Earthing systems.
- Experience in Switching and LOTO procedures of up to 6.6kV level.
- Use of testing equipment, including, but not limited to, Mustimeter, insulation resistance
Duties & Responsibilities :
- The primary purpose of the job
- Experience, Knowledge and skills
- Tester, Transformer turns ratio tester, Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter, and voltage indicator.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment.
- Able to communicate effectively within the team members and with other agency.
- A strong focus on safety is paramount and practical know-how of permit to work systems and lock out procedures applicable to LNG / Petrochemical/continuous process industry is required.
Salary : QAR 5400 PM
- Food & Accommodation provided
- 8 hrs Duty per day and 5 days working in a week
Work location : Qatar Gas - Project - Qatar
Must have ITI or Diploma for Technician level and Engineer Degree for Supervisor level
Interview mode : Webex Application
CV submission format with the below information :
- POSITION APPLIED
- PASSPORT No
- IMO CONTACT No (+91)
- TOTAL EXP
- EXPECTED SALARY
- VACCINE NAME & DATE