Electronics Hardware Engineer (4-10 yrs)
Primary Function :
- To design electronic hardware and ensure that it complies with specifications.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design electronic hardware and ensure it complies with specifications.
- Perform printed circuit board (PCB) layout and ensure it is accurate.
- Provide Hardware Electronic engineering support as required.
- Create, maintain and update engineering related aspects (e.g. parts, bill of materials) of the material requirements planning (MRP) system.
- Assist the production team with diagnosing manufacturing issues, tooling and testing/fixtures.
- Assist the Production team with transducer and accessory validation.
- Create, maintain and update procedures for assembly and calibration.
- Ensure inventory is optimised.
- Ensure all work complies with the requirements of the quality system.
- Ensure the documentation of products and packing lists is accurate and well-maintained.
- Ensure components, processes and products are designed to maximise effective manufacture and efficiency requirements.
- Ensure product is manufactured in accordance with specifications provided by the engineering department.
- Other related tasks as required.
Directly Responsible to : Engineering Team Leader
Functional Relationships with :
- Hardware team
- Production team
- Purchasing team
- Technical Services team
- Product Managers
- All ADInstruments staff
Expected Outcomes :
- Products meet specification requirements and are delivered on-schedule.
- Manufacturing problems are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Calibration procedures are optimised through new insights and effective communication.
- Documentation is accurate and consistent.
Person Specification :
- An electronics or mechatronics qualification, or relevant experience.
- A good understanding of structured projects and engineering methodologies.
- Ability to work well in a group, sharing ideas and problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills, such as time management and prioritizing.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience using 3D CAD design software (e.g. Solidworks) is advantageous, although not mandatory.