Consultant at Datamatics Staffing Services Ltd
Views:181 Applications:27 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Engineer - Automotive Electrical/Electronics (5-10 yrs)
Automotive Electrical/Electronics Engineer
A person with sound knowledge and hands on experience with vehicles & trucks electrics as well as electronics.
The responsibilities include diagnosing and integrating with vehicles electrics/electronics, reading vehicles manuals and installing/integrating with additional equipment like telematics, fuel sensor, load sensor and other ancillary devices.
- Performing routine servicing and inspections, assisting with training, recruitment, and electronic upgrades, and reporting to the Supervisor.
- You should be able to provide excellent customer service and manage electronic systems, equipments and electrical connections efficiently.
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as telematics instrumentation, electron tubes, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with electronics engineer and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units. Assembles experimental circuitry (breadboard) or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Analyzes and interprets test data. Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance. Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting system design.
- Programming, diagnostics and integration with vehicle electrics/electronics and diagnostics of the Telematics, fuel monitoring, load sensor and other ancillary devices
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Design and development of new capability of the Telematics and other devices
- Delivery of operational support solutions
- Creating functional and technical specifications for new project deliverables
- Input into specification and delivery of ongoing improvements for the full end to end Telematics solution
- Support new product issues
- Supervise installations, repairs and maintenance
Desired Skills/Knowledge /Experience:
- 5 to 8 years of proven experience in professional engineering with vehicles & trucks electrics and GSM/GPS/Telematics and other ancillary devices.
- Broad understanding of vehicle to cloud connectivity via: APN, VPN, TCP/IP UDP stack, etc.
- Exposure to hardware interfaces and configuration development/tools.
- Good understanding of Cellular modems, phone apps, and associated technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BLE). Serial interfaces (RS-232) Applications experience.
- Knowledge of in-vehicle networking protocols (SAE J1850, ISO 9141, ISO 15765 CAN OBDetc..) over a wide range of vehicles/trucks.
- Flexible approach, willingness to adapt to the changing needs in supporting the resolution of technical issues.
- Testing and troubleshooting at all levels including experienced in debugging embedded Hardware
- Good Communications Skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree in Automotive Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related discipline
- Relevant industry certifications