Resource Manager at Expedite Technology Solutions
Views:83 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Engineer - Battery Management Systems - Auto/Auto ancillary (2-5 yrs)
Role : BMS Requirements Engineer
Location : Bangalore, India-Hybrid
Job Description :
- The Battery Management Systems (BMS) Engineer will be responsible for the development of technical requirements, synthesis and analysis of requirements, and overall verification during the complete design cycle in battery packs for Client's xEV programs. This person will work closely with the lead Design Release Engineer (DRE), software DRE, technical specialists, and other engineers to ensure proper and all requirements are met. This person will also work with other requirements engineers and system engineers to ensure consistency in requirements, standards, and practices across programs.
Job Responsibilities Include but Are Not Limited To :
- Developing and documenting engineering requirements for automotive traction battery systems
- Coordinating with other engineers and teams to capture necessary inputs and balance requirements.
- Actively drives complexity reduction through commonization for the BMS architecture and requirements across vehicle programs
- Identify and implement future global regulations, Cybersecurity and Functional Safety requirements that impacts BMS
- Collaborate and ensure new BMS technology road map being implemented in the BMS architecture and requirement documents
- Helping develop tests as needed for verifying battery system performance and execute product design improvements
- Maintaining requirements in management tool chain
- Leading change management activities
- Support investigation of system issues and support root cause analysis and mitigation and corrective action plans
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related engineering field from an ABET accredited/equivalent university.
- 2-5 years experience in Battery Packs, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Components or related.
- 2-5 years experience in Automotive industry, in area of calibration, software/controls development, design release, and Manufacturing or related.
- Competent in Excel spreadsheet and Microsoft suit experience
- Strong presentation skills, communication skills (oral and written)
- Works well as an individual and as part of a team
- Self starter, highly motivated, and eager/able to learn new activities quickly
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree in Engineering as accredited by ABET or ABET equivalent.
- Experience with requirements development or systems engineering for xEV applications
- Familiar with xEv technology.
- Experience with requirements management tools and workflow such as DOORS/DNG, PTC Integrity, or similar.
- Experience with ETAS INCA, Vector CANalyzer or similar tools.
- Experienced with On board diagnostic (OBD) requirements
- Experience using a disciplined system development process based on ASPICE or CMMI model
- Experience in the full product life cycle
- Experience in Functional safety, and cybersecurity in the vehicle
- Experience in electronic components, electrical circuit design, and Software/controls development
Expedite Technology Solutions