Chairman and Managing Director at Kepio Engineering Services Pvt Ltd
Views:123 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Engineer - Process Design - Chemical (15-20 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- To lead and guide multiple process engineering teams in carrying out review and approval of the Process Engineering deliverables for projects being executed by Reliance for the entire project execution life cycle starting from basic engineering, detail engineering and ultimately commissioning or start-up of process or technology. For RnD projects to be part of the technology development team and be responsible for planning & designing of processes and to work on the entire phases of the project execution life cycle starting from feasibility to basic engineering design, detail engineering and ultimately commissioning or start-up of process or technology.
Job Accountabilities (duties and responsibilities) :
Job Accountabilities :
- To be familiar with all RIL design guides and standards relevant to discipline.
- Ensure all Process Engineering being done on capital Projects are in line with local and international codes and standards/RIL design guidelines and standards.
- To ensure review and approval of all process engineering deliverables issues by licensor during Basic engineering phase and by Detailed engineering or Feed contractor/EPC contractor during detailed engineering, in compliance with RIL safety practices and codes & standards.
- To be familiar with effort required to prepare complex discipline deliverables and supervise to prepare complex engineering budgets and schedules within discipline
- To manage technical discussion with third parties (customer, suppliers, and regulators) to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
- To interpret prime contracts, determine engineering scope, and set up the engineering work plan for the discipline on complex projects.
- To understand multidisciplinary technical issues and costs related to selection of complex design features.
- To conduct/assist HOD for annual performance reviews, coaching, and career development discussions with employees.
- To ensure data base on lessons learned for future reference and its usage for on-going other projects.
- To participate in proposal and budget preparation for the department.
- To coordinate with engineering management on complex multi discipline technical issues
- To manage changes to reduce impact on cost and schedule
- To perform highly complex activities related to discipline
- To supervise all discipline activities on large, complex projects.
- To ensure compliance to project specific HSE practises.
- To have ability to align departmental functioning to the organisation goals and vision.
- To have proven ability to manage multiple teams working on different projects at same time.
- To keep himself updated with respect to latest changes in national and international codes and standards
- To develop standards and procedures, work practices and keep these updated
- Plan and ensure training and career growth of all personal in his/her team
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills) :
- Knowledge of industry design guidelines and engineering instructions.
- Understands technical issues and costs related to selection of typical design features within discipline
- Familiar to prepare standard discipline deliverables and knows how to prepare standard engineering budgets and schedules within discipline on projects of reasonable size & complexity
- Knows how to organize, plan, budget, and schedule activities within department
- Knowledge on technical issues & cost related to selection of typical design features within discipline.
- Good knowledge in hydraulic calculation, control valve calculation etc., using software like KORF or any other equivalent or from first principles.
- Knows how to control and maintain quality standard process deliverables like Process Flow Diagram (PFD), Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID).
- Good knowledge in Pressure Safety Valve (PSV) load calculation, PSV sizing calculation etc. based on software or from first principles.
- Working knowledge in complex network analysis and surge analysis
- Know ledge on usage of process simulation e.g. HYSIS, pipe net, flare net, equivalent
- Knowledge of working within budget time developing dept. budgets.
- Knowledge on national statutory codes, e.g. IBR OISD, and international codes API, ASME etc.
- Working knowledge to develop conceptual schemes for basic feed engineering and integrations at complex level.
- Preparation of process specs for critical static rotary equipments
- People management and administration for a size of 15 engineers including draftsman
Quality control procedures
- Basic Engineering Design package and detail engineering reviews
- Value Engineering and optimization techniques
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications)
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Engineering Degree from accredited college or university
Necessary Experience :
- 6 to 10 years- experience
- 10-15 years of work experience
- 15-20 years of work experience, 15 years minimum in relevant field
- He must have proved ability to handle at least two team's together working on different medium size projects. He also must have handled 4 to 5 medium /large size projects independently
Desirable Experience :
- Site Experience - 1 to 3 years.
- Site Experience - 2 to 3 years