Senior Consultant at HR Central
Views:466 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:70
Engineer - Product Compliance - Electrical/HVAC (10-15 yrs)
What you will do :
The Product Compliance Engineer is responsible for creating the product compliance requirements and evaluate them through detailed regulatory analysis for the specified region. This role requires experience in compliance management including compliance requirement analysis, data management, test planning and certification testing including EMI/EMC, Safety and Environmental tests.
How you will do it :
The candidate should have electrical component or HVAC industry compliance process experience as well as an understanding of various Global certification and testing processes. This individual should understand the product development lifecycle of electrical or HVAC products and be aware of the importance of compliance and implement it as per the project requirements.
The Compliance Engineer should have knowledge of the following methods :
- Global compliance process
- Compliance data management
- Tracking and monitoring the Certifications and Declarations
- Stakeholder management
- 3rd party lab management
- Experience in Certification test plan creation, testing and report generation
- Work with the design team and provide inputs for the new product design based on the regulatory requirements and standards
- Develops the compliance requirements at the initial stage of new product development and educate the design team to adhere to required norms
What we look for :
- B.E/B.Tech in ECE/ETC/EEE/EIE with 10+ years of experience in the Product Compliance domain
- Individual must have appropriate Compliance background and experience
- Must know worldwide standards, regulations, CE marking, product compliance, safety testing, wireless product testing, country-level requirements for certification and registration of products, etc.
- The individual would need to understand our product offerings, how these products are certified and labeled, how they would be affected by changes in standards and regulations
- Should manage our repository of regulatory documentation and ensure Technical File records are up-to-date, CE (and other) certifications are kept up to date, expiring certifications are notified to appropriate Engineering teams for needed actions, etc.
- Must handle the requests from Product Management for certification documentation to supply to customers
- Must have detailed knowledge about compliance process for CE and RCM markings along with UL, CB and IEC certifications
- Must have experience working with 3rd party labs such as UL, TUV, Intertek, FCC, etc
- Analyzes preliminary plans and develops a compliance road map to achieve project objectives
- As necessary proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process based on the compliance or regulatory requirements
- Support design team to understand the compliance requirements and test standards and ensure the design is done by following all regulatory norms
- Experience in electronic product design or HVAC, Building Automation industry preferred
- Technical knowledge and skills related to Product Compliance and certification
- Experience in Compliance data management and tools
- Hands-on experience in Product testing such as EMI/EMC, Safety and Environmental validation
- Strong communication skills and be ability to discuss technical topics with individuals and groups with a wide range of technical backgrounds