Associate Client Partner at StepupHR
Views:145 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Engineer/Senior Engineer - Proposal Engineering/Renewable Engineering (2-8 yrs)
Job Title: Engineer / Senior Engineer / Deputy Manager
Entity: PWS Global Engineering Center (GEC), India
Reports To: Renewable Business Development leader (Global Engineering Center, India)
Prepared Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2022
POSITION OVERVIEW & SUMMARY
This position is responsible for Proposal Architect at Renewable Energy Global Hub, India. The candidate shall have good command to review the RFQ documents for Renewable Power Plant Automation systems including SCADA and Asset performance management. The candidate shall have expertise in preparing Bill Of Materials, configuration diagrams, technical compliance/deviation reports, accurate costing of the system offered, participate in technical negotiations, manage technical expectations of the customer, meet quality and timelines for the proposals submission. The person would be key contributor in solution architect for Renewable Power generation and shall be part of Renewable hub at Global Engineering Centre
- Power & Water Solutions at Noida, India.
- Responsible for Renewable (Solar, Wind, BEMS, etc.) Power plant proposal Generation of Control System and SCADA solutions.
- Shall have working experience on Control System, SCADA,- Analytics- solutions (Forecast,Scheduling, Solar Panel & Battery life calculations etc.) with Solar Power Plant Plant,BEMS developer/- end users/Control System supplier for Solar Power Plant- Or- Shall have working experience on Control System, SCADA,- Analytics- solutions (Forecast, Scheduling, APM etc.) with Wind Turbine OEM/end users/Control System supplier for Wind Turbine and Farms
- Analyze RFQ (Specifications) & Customer Requirements.
- Working for Multiple EPCs, Developers understanding their requirements and working on proposal meeting those requirement.
- Preparation of Optimum Solution with identification of Risks and Mitigation plan.
- Cost Estimation.
- Techno Commercial Meetings with Customer along with Sales team or independent.
- Meeting Quality and Timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Multi-disciplinary engineer with expertise in Renewable Energy Systems,
- Plan and prepare proposals on Control System and SCADA- Package solutions.
- Should have good knowledge of Control System Hardware and Software functions and awareness of standards in use.
- Work closely with Sales team and understand the customer requirements and prepare the proposal accordingly.
- To work with the Proposal team members and use the existing knowledge available for preparing the solutions.
- Should be able to conduct Plant survey for identifying the solution needs and challenges for retrofits.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement teams and if required work with vendors for Techno commercial offers as part of Solution requirements.
- Should work on the Tools available as standards and get proficient using them.
- Follow all the Standard Values of Organization.
- Follow all the QUALITY Standards of Organization.
- Consult with Application and Projects team for clear understanding of system related concepts.
- Ensure that the most cost-effective solutions are developed and proposed
- Techno-commercial reviews/meetings with customers for key projects
- Develop expertise in specific functional area and working knowledge of related disciplines to lead to more independent assignments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.Tech/B.E is essential with 2-8 years of DCS/SCADA /Power Plant /Proposals experience in Renewable Domain. Candidate having following exposure would be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have knowledge of Hardware and Software functions of DCS /SCADA systems.
- Good communication skills
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
The scope would involve partnering with the various front offices and providing them with quality proposals.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS :
Internal : FSO Sales, GEC Proposal engineers
External : Customers & Suppliers (as needed)
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE :
- Good Knowledge of DCS / SCADA Automation concepts and Project Lifecycle.
- Exposure of Renewable market - Solar PV, Solar CSP, BESS, Wind, Hydro Power plant,Hydrogen.
- Good Knowledge of Solar, Hydro, Bio-Power Plant functional requirements and interface of third party systems.
- Good Knowledge of Solar PV Plant, Interface with Third Party devices and Electrical systems via Open protocol.
- Understanding of Grid code compliances.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication is required
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES :
- Influencing - is emotionally and intellectually quick, establishes personal credibility
- Confidence and Communication - at all levels
- Negotiation skills for obtaining best quotes from vendors
- The position would involve international/domestic travel.