HR Manager at Yo HR Consultancy
Views:146 Applications:3 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Engineer - Transport Logistics (5-10 yrs)
Experience: 5-10 years
Must-Have: Forward Management, Logistics, Analytical Skills, familiarity with SAP MM
Location: Bangalore (Hybrid/Remote)
1. analytical skills
2. Familiar with the SAP MM module
5. Forwarder management/transportation-related experience is preferred.
6. Familiar with import/export business would be added advantage.
1. Logistics :
- Plan and execute shipment-related activities, including the release of transportation orders, evaluating export packing requirements at supplier locations (per standards), tracking deliveries, and resolving any issues or delays.
- Lead and manage the transportation & customs activities to meet transportation budgets, maintain regulatory compliance with all country/local government agencies, and comply with EHS regulations.
- Design and implement efficient logistics strategies to optimize costs and improve service levels.
- Evaluate and select appropriate shipping modes, carriers, and freight forwarders to ensure cost-effectiveness and on-time delivery.
- Collaborate with plant procurement teams, logistics teams, and suppliers to determine component requirements, quality standards, and delivery schedules.
2. Performance Monitoring and Continuous Improvement :
- Monitor supplier performance, track key performance indicators (KPIs), and implement corrective actions as necessary to address any issues or improve performance.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, cost reduction, and efficiency gains within the logistics and procurement functions.
- Proficiency in using procurement and logistics software systems, such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and TMS (Transportation Management System).
3. Additional responsibilities :
- Management of customs-related work and making sure company procedures are in line with India Outbound Customs policy
- Assist in setting up of export process within the internal department and aligned with India Customs' regulations