Recruitment Manager at ThinkResource Infosolutions Pvt Ltd
Views:206 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Engineering Lead/Engineering Manager - Mechanical/Chemical (15-20 yrs)
Job Title: Engineering Lead /Engineering Manager
Qualification: BE- Mechanical/ Chemical
Experience: 15 to 20 Years
Location: Ahmedabad Corporate office
Position Summary (Role): -
Role of the GM/HOD in the Engineering department has to manage & control overall engineering function thru DEC and in-house team and also continually build capabilities to handle EPC business in the field of Oil & Gas, refinery, petrochemical, petroleum and chemical industries. He will lead the team of managers and engineers to develop error free design and engineering documents as required for the projects and will plan & control the deployment of manpower according to the project requirement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: -
- The main responsibility is to study and understand the requirements of customer, blueprints of designs prepared by planners and understand the engineering documents.
- It is also needed to supervise engineering works properly and as per the Engineering needs and standards.
- He has the responsibility to plan and schedule the work within the given deadlines as well as within estimated quantities/specification. In no case engineering variations go beyond 5 % of estimation. Engineering document submission would be within the time frame as per project schedule.
- He has to ensure the efficiency and quality of the engineering team.
- Allocation of work responsibilities to the engineers.
- He is responsible for ensuring the job progresses as per schedule and PERT chart to evaluate the progress and communicate to the Management.
- He should show excellent leadership skill as well as technical expertise.
- It is necessary to interact with the project planning and engineering team members to discuss the engineering progress.
- He has to ensure the safety measures and procedures at the work place and needs to implement them.
- 100% adherence to the HSE norms and safety standards.
- Engineering time management i.e. time sheet, manpower utilization etc.
- Authority for checking/review/approval of the engineering deliverables as per the requirements of Engineering Team.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good Managerial, Problems solving, Decision making skills
- Application of highly effective tools/techniques in controlling engineering within estimation.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Excellent Communication skills & Client interface management
- Ability to establish, Multi-Tasking abilities.
- Effective group interaction skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Cost consciousness.
- Experience in the field of Oil & Gas, refinery, Petrochemical, hydrocarbon, pipeline.
- Sound knowledge in the fields of engineering.
- Sound knowledge in the codes & Standards.
- Sound awareness and knowledge of latest engineering software's /ERP systems
Education & Experience:
- B.E. / B.TECH. / B.S. in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 15-20+ years- experience. Preferably with EPC companies or detailed engineering companies in the Oil and Gas Industry, refinery, petrochemical or reputed engineering consultancy organizations.
- Minimum 10 years- managerial experience is mandatory.
- PMP certification / Project management will be an added advantage
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.