Recruitment Manager at ThinkResource Infosolutions
Views:139 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Engineering Lead/Engineering Manager - Mechanical/Chemical (15-20 yrs)
Job Title: Engineering Lead /Engineering Manager
Qualification: BE- Mechanical/ Chemical
Experience: 15 to 20 Years
Location: Ahmedabad Corporate office
Position Summary (Role): -
Role of the GM/HOD in the Engineering department has to manage & control overall engineering function thru DEC and in-house team and also continually build capabilities to handle EPC business in the field of Oil & Gas, refinery, petrochemical, petroleum and chemical industries. He will lead the team of managers and engineers to develop error free design and engineering documents as required for the projects and will plan & control the deployment of manpower according to the project requirement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: -
- The main responsibility is to study and understand the requirements of customer, blueprints of designs prepared by planners and understand the engineering documents.
- It is also needed to supervise engineering works properly and as per the Engineering needs and standards.
- He has the responsibility to plan and schedule the work within the given deadlines as well as within estimated quantities/specification. In no case engineering variations go beyond 5 % of estimation. Engineering document submission would be within the time frame as per project schedule.
- He has to ensure the efficiency and quality of the engineering team.
- Allocation of work responsibilities to the engineers.
- He is responsible for ensuring the job progresses as per schedule and PERT chart to evaluate the progress and communicate to the Management.
- He should show excellent leadership skill as well as technical expertise.
- It is necessary to interact with the project planning and engineering team members to discuss the engineering progress.
- He has to ensure the safety measures and procedures at the work place and needs to implement them.
- 100% adherence to the HSE norms and safety standards.
- Engineering time management i.e. time sheet, manpower utilization etc.
- Authority for checking/review/approval of the engineering deliverables as per the requirements of Engineering Team.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good Managerial, Problems solving, Decision making skills
- Application of highly effective tools/techniques in controlling engineering within estimation.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Excellent Communication skills & Client interface management
- Ability to establish, Multi-Tasking abilities.
- Effective group interaction skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Cost consciousness.
- Experience in the field of Oil & Gas, refinery, Petrochemical, hydrocarbon, pipeline.
- Sound knowledge in the fields of engineering.
- Sound knowledge in the codes & Standards.
- Sound awareness and knowledge of latest engineering software's /ERP systems
Education & Experience:
- B.E. / B.TECH. / B.S. in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 15-20+ years- experience. Preferably with EPC companies or detailed engineering companies in the Oil and Gas Industry, refinery, petrochemical or reputed engineering consultancy organizations.
- Minimum 10 years- managerial experience is mandatory.
- PMP certification / Project management will be an added advantage