HR Manager at Mysore Ammonia & Chemicals Ltd.
Views:220 Applications:19 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Engineering Manager (10-15 yrs)
Responsible for supporting the Head-Projects on the technical development, construction and operations of multiple projects, in support of the Group business strategies, from conceptualizing to commissioning and operations of projects.
1. New project development - The role will manage and execute development activities for identified projects, from inception to shovel-ready status
2. Successful execution of project including budget, schedule, quality & safety with compliance of timelines, costing & key contractual terms and stabilization of operations.
A. Project Development
- Work very closely with the senior management to conceptualise new greenfield/brownfield projects, evaluate the strategic positioning and techno-commercial feasibility of the projects and undertake project development to bring the project to FID (Final Investment Decision) stage. Also, exploration, identification, techno-commercial evaluation of M&A opportunities
- Support business development efforts - site/target assessment, preparing response to RFQ/RFP, EOI preparation and submission, permitting applications, preliminary feasibility
- Prepare and review various project related documents such as, but not limited to: design basis, feasibility studies (pre-FEED/FEED), industry analyses, market reports, project/tasks implementation schedules, plans and communications, presentations.
- Manage and coordinate with vendors, contractors and consultants in the preparation of various studies (environmental, technical, financial etc) and proposals (EPC/supply/services) needed for the project.
- Ensuring implementation of technical design requirements to meet health, safety, and environmental (HSE) regulatory requirements (law / cultural / local regulations)
- Provide technical support on various issues during project development phase
- Negotiate term sheets & plan and carry tender processes with EPC contractors/other vendors;
- Engage, discuss and negotiate project costing with OEMs, EPC Contractors and local subcontractors
- Establish, manage and maintain good relations with project partners/proponents, host communities, local government and other stakeholders
- Monitor project development progress and compliance with company's standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review Board Papers presented during the meetings of the Board of Directors, as well as accomplish and follow up on tasks and directives they issue.
- Identify, clarify, and resolve issues during the development of new projects;
- Lead internal project development team, making sure that workstreams are aligned with project schedule and budget
- Liaise with local statutory bodies related project approval and obligations.
- Ensure that all the project specific deliverables are reviewed w.r.t. overall presentation, revision, document purpose etc. before issued clearance for construction.
- Analyze project risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Regulatory Affairs:
- Lead or assist in managing and executing regulatory activities for assigned project(s):
- Prepare and submit required applications and reports to regulatory agencies making sure that these comply with company policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Track and monitor the status of submissions and applications to ensure timely approval.
- Serve as primary/secondary regulatory authority contact for assigned project(s), attending meetings, making presentations and communicating regularly with authorities to maintain good relations.
- Keeps track of proposed industry rules, laws, standards and other regulations that impact the operations of the company/projects
B. Project Implementation
- Coordinates all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities and manage the interface between various project stakeholders
- Support the project execution planning including contracting strategy development.
- Ensure timely delivery of project works, to complete on schedule, meeting quality standards within budgets and other deliverables with the most cost-effective total project solution.
- Managing project scope and implementing rigorous change control
- Vendor payment review and certification
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels to achieve schedule commitments with appropriate ability to drive operational efficiency.
- Develop and review project scope / documents for all phases of projects. Manage changes to established scope and baselines.
- Develop and report on estimates, schedules, progress, key quantity and quality tracking and other operational KPIs to Management along with other aspects such as HSSE, project services, procurement, subcontracts, regulatory and permitting, interface management, early works, site construction, logistics, commissioning and handover to operation.
- Ensure compliance to HSE and Sustainability policies.
- Lead, coordinate and deploy resources across projects / operations in order to manage efficiency, cost and risk.
- Provide support and guidance to project teams for effective development, resolve technical and/or commercial issues and other challenges to ensure smooth and effective completion of projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- 10-15 years of experience in Owner / Licensor / EPC organisation which can include (two or more of the following):
- At least 8 years of solid experience in construction and engineering, project and field management in Oil and Gas or Chemical industry with project capex > INR 250 crore per project
- Demonstration of successful performance as project manager/key project team member on a minimum of two (2) medium sized Green Field projects or multiple project assignments in a significant role on large sized EPC/CM projects
3-6 years: Operation of Medium Scale Continuous Process Plants.
4-8 years: Technical Services Design / Performance Evaluation of Plant Machinery / Equipment/ Process Engineering function
5- 10 years: As Lead / Senior Engineer of various new Projects / Revamp / Debottleneck Projects
3-7 years: On Project techno-commercial evaluation assignments
- Cryogenic storage projects - Has strong knowledge/experience on project design, engineering, procurement, material management, construction, commissioning, start up, turn over work processes, sequencing, and interfaces of various project facilities
- Experience in managing diverse and complex projects, proposals, feasibility report, debottlenecking studies,
- Experience in managing FEED, basic engineering, proposals and costing
- Graduate in Engineering (Essential); Chemical / Mechanical preferred; Post Graduate in Engineering (Desirable); Membership in Professional Organizations (Desirable)
Technical/Functional Expertise :
- Deep understanding of process and experience in managing complex engineering projects
- Sound understanding of project processes and strategies
- Ability to lead high-level strategic approaches, develop deliverables, and execute processes
- Management: Evaluation, Financial Appraisal, Design Engineering & Execution of Projects
- Business: Strategic technical & financial evaluation, Future Planning
- Knowledge of available technology options.
- Ability to absorb salient features of various technologies / process routes
- Understanding of Process Heat, Mass, Energy Balance & Transfer Calculations, Energy conservation analysis techniques, Steady state & dynamic simulation techniques
- Reading, preparation, evaluation of Project drawings, specifications
- Financial Appraisal / Evaluation of proposals
- Process side technical Evaluation of offers/bids for packages, equipment, engg services
- Literature Survey / Search of Information.
- Knowledge of applicability of statutes / pollution control norms.
- Knowledge of Procurement, contract management and contract law
- Detailed knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and startup activities
- Understanding of Project execution modes
- Understanding of Capital Cost (Capex) estimation methods
- Techno-commercial evaluation skills
- Engineering inquiry drafting skills
- Bid-evaluation skills
- Technical correspondence skills
- Knowledge of various codes and requirement (ASME/CE/PED/AS/ EIGA/CGA/PESO)
- Expertise in Techno-Commercial Due Diligence of different project Contracts, Agreements, Identify risks, assess the impact and suggest mitigation measures
- Has appreciation of multi-discipline engineering design activities and can manage a team of Multi-discipline Engineers to coordinate production of engineering deliverables in accordance with the project plan.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, Communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on time-sensitive activities with high quality output
- Participate significantly in activities involving multiple organizations inside and outside the centre, enabled by a network of external contacts
- Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Strong communication skills with all levels of audiences
- Attention to details, hands-on, time-conscious and time-effective
- Good knowledge and understanding of construction safety programs, practices and applicable laws / regulations.
- Good IT skills - proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Project Management software
What We Offer:
- Ability to build expertise in a sunrise sector with a company committed to innovation and transformation.
- Accelerated trajectories entirely based on meritocracy.
- Intellectual stimulation along with the impact of seeing and making things happen in reality.
- Strong visibility with senior management.
- Competitive compensation with performance-based variable pay & ESOPs.
By joining our team, you will be involved in contributing to the first few pages of the green hydrogen/ammonia industry. If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!