Senior Consultant at HR Central
Views:99 Applications:10 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Engineering Support Specialist - Fire/Security Estimator (6-8 yrs)
What you will do :
The primary responsibility for this role is to support in costing for pre-sales engineering for Fire & Security System global projects as per country specific standards. Basic knowledge about bill of material preparation, proficient in cost estimation to come up with competitive bid. Follow processes, maintain required quality standards and on time deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintain project quality, on time delivery and manage escalations.
How you will do it :
- Review project inputs and specifications; should be able to capture the scope and understand the complete requirements of the project.
- Review MEP drawings, specification, SOP and identify equipment related to Fire & Security System (Access, Video, Intrusion, Complete ELV system etc)
- Preparation and participation for project kick-off / review meetings with technical queries, compliance / deviations log, risk logs and record minutes of meeting.
- Adherence to standard estimation process and guideline to select proper combination of hardware, software, equipment, materials and services to come up with the optimum budget.
- Creation of bill of material, selection of Backend, Controllers, Field Devices, Software Identification, Network connection, Cable Type and Length Calculations related to Fire & Security System.
- Preparation of Costing Sheet including Preliminaries and other costs, Cost comparison charts, Checklist, Technical Write-up, Block Diagram, Deviation Chart etc.
- Ensure quality assurance, defect free deliverables, on time deliveries and customer satisfaction.
- Escalate issues in the right time, so as not to affect the project delivery schedule; any escalations with respect to scope-creep must be clearly backed up with evidences.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team members in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills to bridge the gap.
- Keep operational parameters at desired level for all assigned projects.
- Ensure timesheet compliance with respect to entry and review for self and team.
- Weekly/Monthly customer reporting for project progress.
- Active participation in organization employee engagement initiatives
What we look for :
- BE/ME (Instrumentation / Electrical / Electronics / Electronics & Communication).
- Strong knowledge of Fire & Security Systems ((Access, Video, Intrusion, Complete ELV system etc)
- Expertise in codes and standards such as NFPA / BS 5839/EN/ FM /Security Guidelines
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Knowledge of different types of network protocols like BACNet, Modbus, OPC, and other protocols.
- Hands on experience of fire Detection & Security system in accordance with codes and standard.
- Must be a quick learner & should have a keen eye for problem solving.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to demonstrate good leadership skills.
Preferred : 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in Fire & Security System.