Environment Head (18-22 yrs)
A Global Enterprise is hiring a Very Senior Environment professional to develop and implement the Group's Environment Management Standards in line with the international best practices and to manage the Group's environmental impacts to maximize energy efficiency and minimize waste.
Head - Environment,
Reporting to - Head - Sustainability
Location - Mumbai
Qualification - BTech/MTech from IIT only
Job Objective : To verify new project of Environment are in line with the ESIAs international standards to ensure compliance
Job Context & Challenges :
- The Group's footprint has expanded to 30 countries around the world with differing legislation's and stakeholder awareness around sustainability issues. All the Group's manufacturing businesses have a large environmental and social impact
- There is a need to define and implement Group governance policies and standards aligned to international standards of sustainability management to improve business standards and to protect and build the Groups brand as a progressive, environmentally and socially sensitive corporate institution
Job challenges :
- Geographical spread and diverse culture of the business;
- Create a common framework on environment management at a Group level
- Develop excellent relationships with the Businesses and units by influencing and advising them
Key accountabilities :
- Framework document development: Develop a new project environmental management process, environment management and technical standards and guidance notes designed such that each unit may improve its environment management system to achieve superior performance
- Work with businesses on improvement of environmental management systems: to meet global best practice and to reduce impact to as low as reasonably practical.
- Review environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA): for all new projects to ensure businesses meet international standards
- Review environmental and social due diligence (ESDD): for all acquired operating units to ensure businesses meet international standards.
- Coach managers in the implementation of good environmental management practices: such that standard technical requirements are met by operations and good judgment is embedded into the management of non- routine and emergency/crisis situations.
- Develop and implement standard statistical definitions in reporting to international standards
- Providing support to major environmental incident investigations.
- Should have thoroughly worked on Environment Management Systems covering - Energy, Carbon, Water, Biodiversity, Air Emissions, Environment and Social Impact assessment, Noise, Solid Waste & Liquid Waste (ZLD/ZDHC)
- Should have Exposure to Setting Policy and Technical Standards & should have worked in Multiple countries
Those interested may apply or call on 8451801646 for more queries.