HR Manager at Yo HR Consultancy
Views:156 Applications:2 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Environmental Compliance Lead - Health Safety (15-20 yrs)
Environmental Compliance Lead
Location : Bangalore, Davangere, Gurgaon, Kandla, Pune
Experience : 10 - 15 Years
- Graduate in Engineering from reputed Tier 1 institutes like - IITs/NIT/UPES
- Experience in Environmental safety - Minimum 8 years
- Experience in interacting with government agencies including legal negotiations, influencing regulatory programs, and legislation, managing NGO expectations, and creating industry group regulatory positions.
- Experience in leading environmental compliance in the PAN India level
Job Purpose and Impact :
- The Environmental Compliance Lead will lead, influence and coordinate efforts between the different technologies, functional areas of the business and regional and subregional leaders. In this role, you will provide services of control and visibility related to the expected level of environmental health and safety compliance of each region, subregion or operational site, including implementation and deployment of compliance management systems.
Key Accountabilities :
- Identify key emerging issues that may require a strategic response and support implementation with operation and functional areas like legal and corporate affairs.
- Implement initiatives that provide visibility to compliance risks across the business.
- Promote alignment, provide resources and develop technologies with respect to the legal obligations of the business.
- Identify opportunities, provide information and implement changes to ensure legal compliance with the operational and functional areas.
- Develop an effective communication process with the operational and environmental health and safety area to enable solutions to comply with legislation and regulations.
- Develop reports, handle data and records and promote preventive alignments in relation to legal assistance for the function.
- Participate in or conduct in depth risk analysis in environmental health and safety with leaders, outline the work with professionals and specialized services to propose technological solutions for the risks of systemic compliance.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Green belt certification and experience with continuous improvement projects
- Continuous improvement methodology experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree in engineering, Industrial or Environmental Sciences (or relevant Scientific/Technical or Legal field)
- 8+ years environmental experience that includes key responsibility for environmental regulatory and issues management.
- 5+ years- experience interacting with government agencies including legal negotiations, influencing regulatory programs, managing NGO expectations and creating industry group regulatory positions.
- Experience working in a global/multi-geography environment and an understanding of the complexities it presents.
- Ability to travel 20%