Sole Proprietorship at Independent Human Resources Professional
Views:6 Applications:1 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Environmental Manager - Chemicals/Petro Chemicals/Plastics/Rubber (8-10 yrs)
- You will ensure that an organisation is operating in accordance with environmental guidelines and targets. Your role will involve examining corporate activities to determine where improvements can be made and ensuring compliance with environmental legislation across the organisation.
- You will also create, implement and monitor environmental strategies to promote sustainable development & review the whole operation, carrying out environmental audits and assessments, identifying and resolving environmental problems and ensuring necessary changes are implemented.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development.
- Take the lead on sustainable procurement for all goods and services.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with UK, European Union and international regulation and legislation.
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies.
- Audit, analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organisation's environmental risks and financial costs.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising.
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment.
- Coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental matters.
- Manage relations with the board of directors- internal colleagues.
- Train staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Participate in environmental education and research.
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues.
- Write environmental reports, assuming lead responsibility in the company.
- Set organisational sustainability targets, developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
Qualification And Experience :
1. BSc/MSc in Environment or related qualification with Experience of 8 to 10 years & a genuine interest in and understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation.
2. Excellent communication and influencing skills.
3. The ability to take the lead on projects.
4. The ability to inspire others.
5. Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
6. Good organisation and time management.
7. Commercial awareness: the ability to work within commercial constraints.
- An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader.
Contact Person Name, Address & Nos. :
Offices: Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore & Mumbai