Manager - Human Resource at Eruvaka Technologies
Views:122 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Eruvaka Technologies - Production Manager (5-10 yrs)
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing and making management-level decisions for day-to-day operations for the Production Department, which includes Purchasing, Production, Material Handling/Inventory, Production Engineering, Shipping/Receiving and Service. This role develops department-level plans including financial objectives/budgets, sets and maintains performance/productivity standards and is responsible for all aspects of department personnel management.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities :
- Strives for continual improvement, and high levels of quality and customer satisfaction. Makes management-level decisions and provides problem solving for day-to-day operations.
- Analyzes suggested improvements/opportunities in terms of costs, benefits and contribution to the company's bottom line.
- Sets and maintains department performance/productivity standards, and measures and reports on actual performance versus standard.
- Provides input to process and procedure development, and ensures that related agreed-upon processes and procedures are consistently followed.
- Assists Purchasing with determining - best value- (i.e. combination of cost, quality, lead time and on-time delivery) for sourced materials and parts.
- Oversees management of supplier relationships and performance.
- Communicates Bill of Materials (BOM) discrepancies to Production Engineering for resolution.
- Maintains open and timely communication with Sales/Customer Service regarding the production schedule for pending orders, expedited orders and possible late shipments.
- Develops and/or maintains product cost data.
- Identifies - lean- opportunities and leads corresponding projects to remove waste and non-value added activities.
- Supports new product development to create a smooth transition from R&D to Production. Works as a team with other departments such as Engineering, Quality and Sales to achieve company goals.
- Complies with all safety rules and manages Production facility and equipment maintenance; ensures adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental policies and housekeeping best practices.
- Supervises Purchaser, Production Engineer, Production Lead, Quality Inspector, Process Technician and Production Admin/Shipping Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five plus (5+) years of progressively responsible production management experience in an assembly and/or machine shop; hands on experience with all essential duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in a related field a plus. Demonstrated experience in a growing and dynamic, multi-million dollar manufacturing environment where necessary processes may not currently be fully in place.
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain strategy and capacity planning; management experience with R&D-related production activity a plus.
- Experience implementing - lean- manufacturing concepts; experience working in an ISO 9011:2008 facility a plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing departmental plans, financial objectives and budgets. Superior attention to detail with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to quickly determine the root cause of issues, and develop and implement corrective actions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to maintain positive working relationships with all levels of management and employees.
- High level of personal and business ethics, including confidentiality.
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of ERP software, Word and Excel; Vantage and/or Epicor software experience preferred.
- Ability to create and professionally generate production metrics and management reports.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations