Executive Assistant (4-12 yrs)
Position Summary :
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Management and managing the organisation's office operations, including working remotely with the PAN India Sales team.
- This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
Job Description :
- Provide sophisticated calendar management. Prioritise inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-today engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Management. Arrange and handle all logistics for meetings and events; schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Company matters.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the Management's ability to effectively lead the organisation, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Management, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect Management team's style and organisation policy.
- Work closely with the Management to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Management updated. Anticipate needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the Management and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the Management.
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the Management's outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the Management to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organisation.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Significant executive support experience, working with multiple stakeholders.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office ; ability to analyse, interpret and present numbers and data, design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Technical proficiency and basic problem-solving skills related to ; IT infrastructure; IT support and web-based applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgement is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment's notice.
- Graduate from any stream
- MBA in Finance / Marketing from premier institutes