Director at Ideal Consultants
Views:311 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Executive - Construction Design (6-8 yrs)
Job Title : Executive Retail Construction and Design Executive
Department : Sales & Marketing
Location : Mumbai
Qualification: B.E/ B.Tech Civil- 6+ years relevant experience (from non ET campus)
Job Purpose :
Retail Construction & Design Executive duties include coordinating operating needs with marketing image, working with contractors to create the design, and selecting and monitoring building contractors to ensure quality and adherence to blueprints. The ideal candidate will have experience working on multi-unit retail programs with the ability to plan and supervise a large volume of retail construction projects from start to finish.
You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
An excellent Retail Construction & Design Executive must be well-versed in retail space design, construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. Candidates with an analytical mind, and strong communication and organizational skills preferred.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Be responsible for creating world class consumer experience for Home D- cor consumer by deploying consumer and category level insights to come up with best store journey for consumer.
- Manage new retail project build outs from design development through turnover, closely collaborating with store design team, internal departments, external agencies, landlords, and architectural partners.
- Collaborating with category teams, dealers and external agencies to keep working on the most effective store design which has positive impact on sales from these stores.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, engineers, contractors etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Review architectural plans, shop drawings, lighting proposals, and other documentation as needed
- Compile budget, cost estimates and schedule for all assigned projects.
- Prepare bid lists and packages for General Contractors, manage RFIs and shop drawings approvals, level and negotiate bids, and award contracts.
- Develop a comprehensive budget and timeline for executive level approval manage both throughout projects.
- Perform due diligence to assist the real estate manager with location assessment of base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, and engineering requirements that impact overall project cost and construct-ability.
- Assist procurement team in the negotiation of contracts with external vendors that optimize project cost, schedule and construction quality.
- Proven experience as a project manager in retail construction (or similar industry) project management, taking projects from design to completion.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of development
- Small-box, multi-unit retail development experience preferred In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Strong budget management, reporting and communication.
- Familiarity with quality and building code and life-safety standards
- Understanding of new technologies which can enhance consumer experience and ability to work with IT teams to apply them in store design.