Consultant at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:1085 Applications:161 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:97
Executive Director - Procurement & Supply Chain (15-16 yrs)
Executive Director- Procurement & Supply Chain, Uttar Pradesh Medical Supplies Corporation (UPMSC), Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
1. Position Vacant : Executive Director- Procurement & Supply Chain, Uttar Pradesh Medical Supplies Corporation (UPMSC), Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
2. Organization Background :
- Headquartered in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh Medical Supplies Corporation (UPMSC) is registered under the Companies Act 2013. It shall be headed by an IAS officer and will act as the nodal organization for centralized procurement and distribution of drugs and equipment to Government Health Facilities in Uttar Pradesh. It shall replace the existing decentralized procurement involving Chief Medical Store Depot (CMSD) and district level authorities.
- UPMSC's vision is to ensure availability of quality drugs, medical equipment at lowest cost at all public health facilities
- Besides procuring medicines and equipment, UPMSC will also enter into private-public partnerships for bringing changes in the health sector.
Basic Objective of UPMSC :
(1) Ensuring coverage of all the essential drugs under Rate Contract;
(2) Facilitating supplier selection, contract negotiation and share of business allocation;
(3) Establishment and execution of Centralized procurement systems for the procurement of drugs, consumables and medical equipment in Uttar Pradesh;
(4) Ensuring quality control and availability of all the drugs & consumables and medical equipment at district drug warehouses, procured through UPMSC;
(5) Ensuring timely payments to the suppliers against the procurement of drugs, consumables and medical equipment by UPMSC;
(6) Maintaining records related to indents/ requirements, purchase orders, supply and consumption of drugs, consumables and medical equipment and support in preparation of annual forecasting and budgeting process;
(7) Reconciliation of indents vs budgetary allocations and budget variance analysis for procurement of drugs, consumables and medical equipment;
(8) Procurement of medical equipment or other materials based on purchase requests received from others department/ organization of Government of Uttar Pradesh.
For more information about the organization, please visit www.upmsc.in
3. Job Description/ Responsibilities :
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Director- Procurement & Supply Chain shall be responsible for overseeing the supply chain of drugs, medical supplies and equipment in the state of Uttar Pradesh including warehouse operations, management and distribution of supplies. He shall be supported by General Managers- Procurement and Supply Chain.
Key Roles and Responsibilities :
(1) Directing organization's overall supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory management of drugs and medical supplies, selection of vendors, and distribution of drugs, medical supplies and equipment;
(2) Developing strategies, policies, procedures and supervising overall team to optimize value of the entire supply chain function in creating world-class materials management group;
(3) Maintaining compliance with all regulatory and QA requirements and ethical standards related to procurement;
(4) Establishing key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to procurement and supply chain planning/ forecasting and quantification;
(5) Developing and implementing logistics plans inclusive of supplier contracts, routing guidelines, problem resolution and cost containment;
(6) Ensuring timely supply of drugs, medical supplies and medical equipment in the state by exercising continuous adequacy planning as per demands;
(7) Ensuring that open competitive bidding (paper-based/e-bidding) process is followed to identify the most suitable suppliers based on evaluation of bids against technical specification requirements, quality parameters, historical performance, production capacity and fulfillment of regulatory requirements;
(8) Overseeing inventory analysis and management for drugs at UPMSC warehouses and ensuring that the inventory norms are followed;
(9) Supervising timely generation of Purchase order recommendations to ensure fast and efficient release of Purchase Orders and distribution of drugs and medical supplies;
(10) Overseeing the performance of operations at all the warehouses related to Stock handling, Store-keeping, MIS Operations, Logistics etc. and ensuring smooth functioning as per the pre-defined norms;
(11) Ensuring that stock-outs are adequately monitored at all warehouses and fulfillments are managed in a timely manner;
(12) Coordinating with the Quality Control division to enable fast and efficient quality assurance process at all the drug warehouses;
(13) Monitoring the distribution of drugs from warehouses to health facilities in the state and ensure safe and timely delivery;
(14) Ensuring that the manpower and talent pool are trained and well equipped for managing the procurement, supply chain and logistics of drugs and equipment;
(15) Performing any other related tasks as assigned from time to time.
4. Qualification, Skills And Experience :
Essential : Applicants must have Graduate degree in Engineering/ Science/ Pharmacy and Post Graduate degree or diploma in Business Management from a recognized institution/ university.
Desirable : Applicants with Certificate/ Diploma in Procurement/ Supply Chain Management or related fields shall be preferred.
Applicants must have :
(1) Minimum 15 years of overall work experience of which at least 5 years in procurement and/ or supply chain management in FMCG/ Drugs/ Medical supplies/ Perishable goods sectors;
(2) Minimum 5 years of experience in supervisory/ management positions.
(1) Experience of procurement/ supply chain management of drugs or related items for public agencies;
(2) Deep understanding of good warehousing practices, regulatory and QA requirement;
(3) Experience in pharma warehouse management.
Skills and Attitude :
1) In-depth knowledge of supply chain and logistics management;
2) Must be conversant with IT based Drugs Logistics Inventory Management System/ Application or ERP in private/ public health setting;
3) Ability to develop and institutionalize new operational processes and controls;
4) People Management skills.
5. Age : Maximum age limit 55 years
6. Vacancy Details : 1 Vacancy (UR)
7. Contract Type And Period :
The position is on offer on a contractual basis, initially for a period of three years, extendable thereafter, based on performance and subject to further approval by the UPMSC.
8. Compensation Offered : Maximum consolidated emolument for the position is approx. Rs. 2,00,000 per month.
9. Location : Lucknow
10. Reference : ED-SC
11. Contact Information :
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
Note - the apply button will redirect you to an external link to apply, please apply there for your application to be considered.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.