CEO at SS Consultants & Services
Views:346 Applications:33 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Executive - Purchase/Logistics (3-6 yrs)
One of the leading logistic companies having all India network is looking for a Purchase/Logistics Executive to be located at their office at Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
Job Description :
- The Logistics executive is responsible for the planning, organizing, and directing; managing, and evaluating of the supply chain/logistics operations in an organization.
- It involves contact with clients, procuring orders for shipping/transportation, sales purchase activities
- They also work with internal and external teams to ensure accurate shipping and delivery schedule for new and existing products.
- They can work with manufacturing organizations, trading companies, Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, etc.
- The logistics executive job description entails developing integrated logistics management systems, collaborating with other departments, including sales, marketing, and order management; accounting, and shipping. It also involves sale purchase activities.
- It also involves performing analysis of the overall budget/expenses for the logistics operations of the organization and determining the most cost-effective and efficient means of transportation services.
- Logistics executives are also responsible for the direct day-to-day operations to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, or accuracy, or timeliness objectives of the department, as well as manage logistics personnel and systems.
- They work together with logistics planners to forecast demand in their markets and build logistics plans to guarantee the availability of products or services and streamline processes and flow of goods from point of order to delivery.
- They are also responsible for providing an uninterrupted flow of materials, supplies, and services to meet customer demand.
- The logistics executive work description also entails negotiating pricing, driving improvements in supplier performance, and evaluating all viable sources of supply with the goal of minimizing costs and meeting budget constraints.
- In order to improve the organization's competitive position, the logistics executive also ensures that there is a supportive and productive working relationship with vendors and other departments.
- The candidate should be a graduate with 3-6 years of experience in logistic sales and purchase activities. A person should be well versed with all sales activities of logistic, customer contact, collection, development of business.